Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Jupiter
Community Manager

**Closed** Recruiting New Community Guides - apply now!

**Applications now closed**

We are seeking some new Community Guides to join our team. Community Guides work very closely with Community Managers to ensure the forums are a welcoming and safe place for all members.

Community Guides (CGs) are members of the SANE Community that consistently engage in the forums by providing knowledge, offering support and helping to role model the forums principles and culture.

Community Guides are members of the SANE Forums community who live and breathe the forum values, caring for the community and its members. CGs are;

• Warm and welcoming
  • Empathetic
  • Open and non-judgmental
  • Listeners
  • Helpful
  • Insightful

Those who become CGs are typically already leading and role-modelling within the community, most likely without even realising Smiley Happy The purpose of the volunteer program is to formalise what they are already doing well and offer additional support to continue their great work to maintain a thriving community.

What’s involved

We expect our Community Guide’s to commit at least two hours per week (structured at their own leisure) to the below activities:

• Encouraging members to participate in discussions
  • Welcoming new members
  • Role Modelling Forum Principles and Culture
  • Assisting Community Manager’s with Community Wraps
  • Helping members to feel supported, whether it be through sharing of their own experience or through connecting members with similar experiences
  • Starting new and engaging discussions
  • Initiate the weekly or ongoing social rituals such as Thumbs Up Thursday, Saturday Soiree, Friday Feast, and Hot Chocolate Anyone.
  • Contribute to helpful or valuable threads where posts have reduced or stopped.
  • Respond to discussions with low responses (less than 3).
  • Check in on members in threads where they have stopped posting.
  • Following the Community Guidelines
  • Flagging concerning content through the ‘Report Inappropriate Content’ function
  • Practicing self-care and demonstrating their own help-seeking
  • Getting involved with special events, such as Topic Tuesday.
  • Being non-judgemental, empathetic and compassionate towards all members

Most of these activities are called Community Building activities. To learn more about the variety of Community Building activities that CGs can be part of, check out the Community Guide Info Pack.

How SANE supports CGs

The CG volunteer program aims to be flexible and to support the good work that’s already been done. To put this into practice, SANE will work closely with each Community Guide, to assist with:

• Creating a flexible CG Activity Plan: This plan is a high-level overview of what the individual CG would like to do during their time as a CG.
  • Creating a Self-Care Plan: The CG program should never contribute to additional stress or a reduction in mental health. A Self-Care plan helps a CG identify when they may need some time to take care of themselves and how they can go about it.

SANE will support CGs for the duration of their involvement. This will be done through;

Monthly check ins: This check in is an opportunity for the CG to debrief on anything related to the role they wish and to review their CG Plan. We will work with you on what channel/medium we use for this check in.

Community Guide forum: A private forum will be available for CGs and SANE to communicate about upcoming events, to give and get ideas and advice, and to provide feedback when required.

Online resources and training: Online training components will cover topics like ‘Self-care’ and ‘How to encourage people to participate’ and other Community Building activities.

How to become a CG

To apply to be a Community Guide, the person must meet the following criteria;

• Must be a Senior Contributor of the Forums
  • Must be interested in doing this role for minimum 6 months (we know that circumstances change, participation will fluctuate, time out for self-care, holidays are needed)
  • Must have not broken the Community Guidelines more than 3 times in the past 3 months
  • Feel comfortable in reaching out and supporting others
  • Have external support professionals outside of the Forums (may not be as relevant for Carers)

If you feel you match the above criteria, please complete the application form via the link below. Applications close 10am Wednesday 13th May 2020

APPLICATION FORM: 

https://sane.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6RJwYVKkpeN9GZL

Applications Open: Active Club Program — Stephen Mullighan MP

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Recruiting New Community Guides - apply now!

Hello @Shaz51 Thanks.

Yes, I just received an email from Sane about this.

Hi @Flying_Hams

Adge

hi my dear friend @Shaz51 i was made a community guide when you where, but i really struggled with it, i upset someone and it made me so anxious i had to ask them to remove me from it.

i still love contributing when i can.

hugs my dear friend

no pressure my awesome friend @Jacques 

you are awesome just what you are doing and all the support you have given me over the years xoxo is wonderful 

Thanks @Shaz51 

but I have just committed to a few practices that are starting online and iso but relate to people in real life, which I think is a better fit for me at the moment.

I took my role as Community Guide very seriously and did it for about a year and half.  I really value you and others in the role. 

CGs doing a great job!

Smiley Happy

Re: **Closed** Recruiting New Community Guides - apply now!

@Jupiter 

Hi,

I just saw this and would be keen to join. But I'm aware the application has been closed, so if you have an opening in future, let me know.

Thanks so much!

Sorry @Lilaca I only just saw your post now!

We usually recruit every 6-12 months so keep your eye out for another ad around the end of the year. Awesome to hear you would like to be part of it Smiley Happy 

@Jupiter 

Thank you and will do! Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance