Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: COVID19 - Unpacking fact vs fiction! + Self Care Strategies

😏👍 @Sans911  ....

I'VE HAD A RUNNY NOSE SINCE SHOPPING AT ALDI 3 DAYS AGO, DO YOU THINK. SHOULD GET TESTED ?  IM HIGH RISK SO WHAT CAN THEY DO EVEN IF IM POSITIVE? AND IM SOOOOO ISOLATED ALONE ALL TGE TIME AT HOME ANYWAY.. ITS ALL JUST SUCH A CROCK .  SO OVER IT ALREADY 😞

@Former-MemberI don't want to alarm you but there is no harm in getting tested (You can only ask). There is a Dr from New York that has prescribed tretment early and no patient has required hospitalization. There are new testing for the virus not sure if all places have them but they have been mainly using them for people at risk. My neighbour is high risk too, he has had a triple organ transplant. 

Hey @oceangirl, good to see you. Thanks, I'll check out what clinics are in town & arrange a tele apt with dr if no better Tuesday. I've had an upset this weekend so maybe it's all just linkt + triggered by that. I'm so sensitive these days. Gonna have some analgesia now, go to bed. Thanks again 💙

Hello @Former-Member

speaking from a health professional perspective and this is only an opinion not advice. It seems unlikely you might have Covid. There are many 3 key symptoms - sore throat, body aches and dry, hacking cough. They are other symptoms like body aches, severe headache and difficulty breathing.

Good idea to discuss with your GP tommorow. I'm sure you're OK and I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks @Sans911, runny nose has stopped and I don't have sore throat etc. So you're probably right. There was a customer at Aldi coughing, just overthinking it all I guess. Thanks 💙

It's easy enough to overreact in these challenging times @Former-Member. We are dealing with a virus that that isn't well understand even now. It's highly contagious and so of course that has many people fearful and anxious. And the biggest problem is the asymptomatic cases. So you fears were well founded. But sometimes what helps (for me anyway) are two things. I have strict hand hygiene practices. Once I've come home after spraying or wiping down my groceries I wash my hands thoroughly for 2minutes. And if I were to feel a little unwell, do I have the symptoms of coronavirus? If I'm not sure I would self isolate, ring the Covid hotline or my GP.

Do something nice for yourself today from this point on @Former-Member. Completely remove your focus from it all. Make a nice cuppa and sit in your garden. Do something you enjoy a lot. And take care - you are precious.

Hello. How are you feeling today?

Hi @hawaiiforme 

Welcome to the SANE forums!

It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.   I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection   I'm the moderator this evening.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be a pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines.  Take care. 

hello @30something 

are you looking for this thread my friend 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance