Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

images - 2020-07-14T010647.151.jpeg

images - 2020-07-14T090212.220.jpeg

This might help differentiate between self care and being selfish.images - 2020-07-19T103853.128.jpeg

@Anastasia 

You might pick up some tips scrolling through this discussion thread.images (37).jpegimage.png

Thank you @Former-Member x

@TBH 

You might pick up some self care tips here.

Self care epitomised... 🙂

Candles.
Bubbly bath.
Bubbly drink... or  big hot choc would work too.
Soft pillow... soft towels.
Time out- taking a break from other people's requirements.
Self accpetance.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 6.06.46 pm.png

@Anastasia 

What state do you live in? 

I attended a free Wellways "snapshot" class for carers which was so helpful. The goal of the class was for us to learn that our moods do not need to be a reflection of our loved ones moods ie not to let their depression get us down too.  They based the class on the "chime" model of recovery. 

They also have classes for patients if/when you boy would be amenable/ well enough to go to one.

images (27).png

Sub-components-of-the-CHIME-recovery-framework.png

Oh @Former-Member yes, I need this!!!

Thank you.Its exactly what I tend to do and it's not healthy! Waiting for your pictures to open, hoping it's some more information on it. I'm in NSW. 

Hope you are well? I'm about to fly out the door to see a friend for a couple of hours and maybe do some craft of we fee like it. What plans do you have for today. How is Mr Darcy doing? 

Enjoy @Anastasia  here is a link to Wellways - they do have other supports in place - at the time I got support from them the Carer Gateway was not operational. 

The class I did is listed under peer education, was called "building a future", I did the 2 session "snapshot" (mini) version - as I was working full time, Mr D's pdoc gave me a work certificate to do these sessions.

https://www.wellways.org/understanding-mental-health/i-am-family-member-friend-or-carer

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance