Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Challenge of the day!

@TeejI love this one.

This was my favourite book growing up. Was hard to decide, I still have all my books from my childhood.

Silver-Brumby-1st-664x1024.jpg

Cant think of a favourite @Teej I remember reading Arthur books, Secret Seven, Famous Five, Colin Thiele books . Blue Fin even tho thought scary
Muddle Headed Wombat 😸 Noddy and Big Ears lol

@Teej  Peter Rabbit 👍👍👍

4937914B-ADA1-4D04-8A00-558CFB6EB016.jpeg

D*ck haha and Dora @Teej was Brer Rabbit one with briar patch and soldiers think getting mixed up lol re Grade I Readers loo

One of my favourite books of all time has been The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.  I read it when I was fairly young and I have read it many times since and even as an  adult I have found the book has so much wisdom in it I learn more every time I read it

It's a classic for children and people of all ages

I think one of the copies I have owned actually had this coverI think one of the copies I have owned actually had this cover

Great daily challenge @Teej but I can't remember my fav book as a child. However I loved reading Roald Dahl books. I still have them. I also liked the touchoose books. Can't remember what they were called but you could choose what you wanted to happen in the book and you would have 2 options to choose and you would turn to the specific page and the book would either finish really quick or could go on for a while. 

Roald Dahl had a brain and a talent and an exciting life apparently re WWII lol
I liked /was bemused by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory age around 8 ish
I already had a belief problem 😬

@Mazarita 

Same problem too with that weed. I researched it and decided when it fills a gap nicely it can stay, otherwise if it overtakes other plants and is "badly behaved" I have no problem pulling it out.  I used to get upset as I did not know what was what, in the garden.  Internet helps sometimes!

Smiley Happy

@OwlunarI took children to Secret Garden as a play at Ripponlea ... decades ago ...

Agree re RD @TAB only read Roald Dahl and Peter Rabbit as a mum to my kids. I grew up pretty kwik. @Maggie @Lee82 I am reading one of my sons YA books from Year 7 atm ...called "Wolf"  have not read much beyond online for last few months.

@Teej  Great challenges.  I find I am drawn to the night sky a lot lately ... going for a mini walk with my cat looking at the stars ... lol

Heart

Smiley Happy

This 'weed' is purslane - we were pulling it out of the lawn but then found out you can eat it so now we relocate it to the vegie garden ...

Purslane: Pictures, Flowers, Leaves and Identification | Portulaca ...

This is what I call a hallelujah sky ...

Limestone and Madison County Alabama — Donnie Claxton Photo

and my favourite childhood books were Milly Molly Mandy and The Magic Faraway Tree....

The Appeal of Milly Molly Mandy - Slap Happy Larry

and

The Magic Faraway Tree | The magic faraway tree, Faraway tree ...

Thanks for the prompts @Teej   Hi @Appleblossom @TAB @Lee82 @Owlunar @Mazarita    Smiley Happy

ohhhhhh @Teej  I forgor to take a photo of my favourite book when I was litle , ohhh wish i can find it 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance