Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Ahh that’s a better drawing @CheerBear 😉, I get it 😊. Both be home meaning in their home? 

Oh no with that sickness too 🙁. I can imagine gp Friday can’t come soon enough. Here’s hoping that tomorrow ends up being a nice distraction for you too. It’s probably not great to be too alone in your head before you get all the info you need from GP. I hope you can get some space then to process it. 

Yep the beautiful garden home @Teej. That made me smile to think of and remember.

You're right in that it could be a good distraction tomorrow. I am feeling the potential for me to turn full dark and twisty kind of easily, which too much in my own head time can do. Today I sat with being OK either way but right now I am feeling like no option will be OK with me ever, and that doesnt feel great. I think that emotional swing is probably a 'hormones on steroids making twisted head happen' thing though. Sleep will help.

I'm going to head out, mostly so I dont let myself wander too far down this road tonight. Thanks heaps for listening and caring. Really big time appreciated.

Just popping in to let you know im thinking of you both @Teej @CheerBear 💌💌

Night @CheerBear. I hope you will sleep. 

Just want to share a goosey mashed brain story. Today I felt good because I remembered my afternoon pills (just iron and vitamin D). As I’m congratulating myself for remembering two days in a row I looked down and realised I’d taken tomorrow’s pills (I have them in a pill container now so I track them better)  including my antidepressants 😝

Hoping you find find some nice moments tomorrow. Maybe I can challenge you to find something to write in 'the highlight of my day'  thread 💜🤗😘

Writing at the same time @outlander. Be back soon, just going to get some tea. 👋

Okay @Teej

Good morning, @CheerBear and everyone in this discussion thread. Hope the day ahead brings good things for all. 

Checking in here this morning to see if you feel like early morning chat, CB.

The sky is getting lighter, a few bird calls around, the trees whooshing in bursts with gusts of wind.

Thinking of the colours you describe in the sunrises where you are. Here the sky just tends to get lighter as I do not have a clear view of the direction of the sunrise, which unfolds over rooftops here and a narrow view of the high sky from my courtyard. 

Whether you are up for a chat or not, am thinking of you and sending love and kindest wishes for the day ahead. 

Heart

Morning @Mazarita ❤ There's a cold sky here this morning, one that's cloudless and blue. We had very unstable weather yesterday afternoon and a powerful change that came through which has turned the morning into one that looks and feels more like a wintry one today. As much as your view of the sky is limited where you are, I imagine the courtyard feeling quite peaceful and secure sometimes.

I feel a bit sheepish here this morning, thinking about how jumbled I was feeling last night. I slept soundly for some decent straight hours which has helped me feel a little calmer again this morning.

How are you this morning?

I find that some days get worse and more jumbly as the stresses mount, @CheerBear. I think it's one of the reasons I like naps so much, for the rebooting of things. But I know that's mostly impossible for you. In any case, jumbly feelings and thoughts fit in on the forum well! Besides, you always sound pretty clear headed to me, even when things are very confusing for you. Mostly I'm glad to hear the morning after some decent sleep feels calmer for you. Heart

I'm okay this morning. Have some things planned for today. A friend is coming for a morning visit around 10.30 and we might go to art group together. She has bipolar too. I'm hoping that if she doesn't feel like it, I will get to art alone. 

How's today looking for you (if you want to look ahead at this time!)

Thanks for understanding @Mazarita, and reminding me that jumbled is OK here. Naps are good! When my person returns home I might have more of a chance for some rest during the day sometimes.

Art group sounds like a great thing to try and do today. Great you have a friend to go with, and that you also can go on your own if she's not up to it too. It seems like a really helpful and enjoyable thing for you to be part of.

Haha with the not necessarily wanting to look ahead today. I like planning and looking ahead usually but this morning I feel like I'm in try and look at this hour only mode. Person and I are heading out and about today. We haven't had my chances to do fun or nice things alone together during the day, and that was the plan. I'm feeling pretty blegh with nausea and a general spacey kind of feeling. Worried they'll pick up on it or question it with the time we are planning together today, but maybe that's more that I feel like it would be obvious rather than it actually being obvious.

I am also going to keep my eye out for the highlight of my day and share it later. That's my little mini goal of the day 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance