Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Chris
Senior Contributor

Peace at last!

Finally home alone this afternoon. As you have probably guessed Im not really a people person,(afraid of people, and getting close) and that includes my family.Its very confusing at times.

Anyway today has been a day for me. Listened to some music for a while, but mostly enjoying the silence.

I often like to go to the beach. Mostly I just sit there watching the ocean. Sometimes Ill go for a walk or its a combination of both.Other times I sit near the lake and enjoy the solitude. I find if I don't get this time alone on a regular basis, I become a bear with a sore head!

I hope things have settled down for everyone, and that you can all take some time out for yourselves.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Peace at last!

Me too @peace, solitude is essential for my wellbeing..although I often gave my 4-legged I house therapist with me!

I have really noticed how little time you get to your self over the christmas holidays. I had my first morning on my own just today- as ragard and tired as i was i found myself so happy to have a coffee on my own lol It does indeed make you apprieate alone time more when you have it less

@Baboo 

Hi Baboo

welcome back.

You doing well? 

I totally dig the morning coffee thing. To be perfectly frank I don't speak until my first coffee is drunk and first few ciggies smoked.

I like a two course meal.

Good to see you

Rick

Thanks @Rick, 

Yes doing well 😄

I feel a little out of the loop after christmas- so im doing a lot of reading up tonight on how every one has been- loving all the good supportive responses to and from every one.

I too do smoke cigarettes but in secrete and never in public because i think its gross haha i am of split minds about it all. I only let myself have one once all my chores are finished 😛

Hey @Baboo 

Welcome back! Yes it is the season of busyness or even just buy-ness! One reason I do all I can to get off the merry-go-round in December, and stay off. Why does everyone behave as if they must catch up with everyone else before Christmas? It is not the end of the world approaching, or if it really is then it can happen anytime. So what's wrong with catching up in January or June?

Yes I need my morning caffeine too, usually tea (limited to 1 in acknowledgement of my PTSD not being fond of caffeine). Then I can begin to function as something approximating human! A bit of solitude is a precious thing, when you have little or none. A bit of good company is a precious thing, when you have little or none.

Cheers, 

Kristin

Hi there. I too so enjoy time on my own. Without it I find I don't function very well and tend to get irritated. Yet when I go for too long with absolutely no one to communicate with I do suffer from victim mode. @Rick I like the idea of not speaking to anyone until after the morning ritual. When I go to visit family next month I think I will incorporate that strategy as I was fearing how I would cope first thing in the morning with them as they are so happy and lively and judgemental. @Bamboo I am glad that you can see how supportive we are of each other. I am so blessed to be here.
Former-Member
Not applicable

-

Hi seuss

sorry for delayed reply. Still on Grandma duty throughout school holidays. Pick up number one granddaughter on Monday from the airport. Shes been in America for nearly three weeks. I'm anticipating she will want to stay at least until Tuesday night.

Your baby sound wonderful. There so funny growing up, trying out new things. my boy has found a new resting spot on the coffee table. he can watch everyone from there, as well as have crafty chew on the silk flowers .hmm now he has come end sat on my knee (which he doesn't do that often)but I have to finish dinner off.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance