Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

unnamed (8).jpg

images (63).jpeg

Mmm snails - French & mediteranean quisine....

I would rather feed them to the chooks, if I had chooks....

My car won't be in a good state soon either - our clients frequently have toileting accidents in the car.

Disability service organization has sold off all work  (fleet) cars. 

We're forced to transport clients in our own private car, as of this week...

Adge 

Oh dear @Adge ..... then I would b3 submitting cleaning bills to them, the same as would happen with a work car.

@Adge

According to the quoted article, being an existing employee, you are under no obligation to agree to using your own car and you cannot be forced to use your own car or be pressured into doing so.

You can report your work anonomously to Fair work Australia if you feel they are breaching any rules.

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-will-help/how-we-help-you/help-us-keep-workplaces-fair

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (84).jpeg

Our pullets that hatched before Christmas have started laying. A bonus that we have at least one of the five laying blue eggs - we had an Araucana rooster a while ago, his only offspring was a rooster (1/2 breed) who sired these hens (making them 1/4 breed).images (94).jpeg

I've always loved Roses @Former-Member Especially old heritage types.

Yes it is a thorny issue...

Wow, blue eggs.

Even our Chinese silky Bantams didn't have blue eggs, at least I don't think so (that was 30 years ago).

My Canaries have bright blue eggs, not edible though...

Adge

@Adge, I had a friend years ago who experimented with frying a budgie egg years ago. It tasted like any other egg... jusy tiny. Smiley Tongue He went on to become a vet.

@Former-Member, our single chookie feathered up again after her moult really quickly. She looks pretty good now. Not laying, so I'm making sure I'm feeding her well with her usual seed mix plus shell plus greens, so that when she does come back on the lay she's in good health. She keeps going into her "I've laid an egg!" clucking routine, but nup. She'll surprise us one day. Maybe in springtime I'll buy some POL chooks to keep her company and give us a few more eggs. 3-4 hens all up would probably be enough for us at the moment.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance