Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Unknown-2.jpeg

60491200_488485955300737_8816338480134094848_n.jpg

Still very much hit and miss with walking the hound, but I am trying to get a walk in if I can. Today's exercise was a couple of hours work in the garden.

How are you going with your exercise programs   @Determined  @octavia @Jacques 

images (3).png

Been a bit of a challenge so far this week @Former-Member    New meds = 😴

My usual 1/2 hour loop taking 1 hour when I manage to do it. That is proving to be frustrating. 

I was hoping to be back on my (push)bike by now but have not managed it as yet. 

Have an easy circuit planned so just need to get out and do it. 

@Former-Member funny you should mention this. I'm doing great for exercise. started a proper workout Sunday, muscles were so sore for mon/tues. yesterday and today got back into it. feeling great, I'm finding myself more productive during the day and focused. it was hard to start, but once u make a plan and stick to it, the results for me started showing early. 

@Determined @Shaz51 @Jacques @Ali11 if any of you guys want some motivation to do more exercise, I feel I'm in a good place to encourage you, if you need it

I have found the forums a great place to hold myself accountable @octavia and gentle encouragement is always appreciated 👍.  

We do try and walk the dog most days. I try and get in a separate walk to the CBD to run an errand or two every second day.   Gardening is my other exercise and there is plenty to keep me busy in that dept at present.

good morning everyone @Determined @Shaz51 @Jacques @Ali11 @TAB  hope your day is going well, and you find a little time to exercise today.

@Former-Member that's great to hear, every little bit helps. I started out small for just normal daily routines, when I was ready I added more and more. then I got to exercise. very hard to get into that routine. but now my days are organised, I know exactly what I'm doing, when I'm doing it. but more importantly I want to do it. I sound like an obsessive organiser now! lol. just wanted to share my feel good story with you guys. thank you all for your support xoxo

no adding, just subracting here atm @octavia  lol @Meowmy  thanks for the tag

@octavia 

I understand the "wanting to share the feel good story". I feel entirely the same way about my decluttering and getting back into the garden. I am even a little chuffed that although my exercise is more of the gentle kind, measurable health benefits have been recorded.  

Good on you for looking after yourself and always wonderful to hear when any of us have successes, no matter how big or small. 

images (38).jpg

@Former-Member yeah that's my next nightmare decluttering and yard. both are a mess. I don't know where to start. it's a bit daunting. any decluttering tips at all?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance