Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@RainbowUnicorn

come and meet some wonderful carers @Determined, @Smc, @Former-Member, @Sophie1, @Janiee

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

MIL was looking a bit better today when we visited.

Hopefully being transferred back to local hospital tomorrow.

Oncologist has decided to try another form of treatment which everyone is getting excited about. I am more than a little concerned they may be false hopes 😔 I feel bad for not being excited with everyone else but perhaps it is a self defence mechanism kicking in? I cant help but be a little relieved but at the same time dont want to get my hopes up. 

Darling continues with some concerning talk that while most likley influenced by uncertainty around mum I think there is more to it. Similar pattern to previous times of crisis. Unfortunatly I think pdoc is away until next month and I dont think she would go see him anyway. 

@Determined 

?worth checking when pdoc is back. I don't know enough about BPD re: grief vs abandonment . 

@Former-Member

I tried calling Pdoc this morning and office closed until tomorrow morning. Will call again then. 

Giving them the info probably a wise move @Determined.

I told Mr Darcy I would be emailing his case worker about his bloods, showed him her response but he also snuk a look at my first message where I had reported concerns ... 😬.

Ouch @Former-Member I hope he does not take it too badly. I will be calling again in the morning to see what appointments are available.

I suspect though all pdoc is interested in is managing meds. I have asked darling to discuss one possible side effect but she refuses and often ends poorly for me so 🤐 on that one as not critical to safety.

MIL back in local hospital as if this afternoon which is a huge relief as I'm not sure how I was going to manage the drive today. As it is I was falling asleep on the couch while talking to my mum this ave when she came to visit  😴😓 

Darling has gone in to visit by herself today as I think she needs some time one on one. 

Mum and I were going to go bike riding tomorrow but I put it off until Thursday in Hope's I can be more rested. Dont want to be nodding off on the bike. 

Yikes Bro, getting adequate rest = necessary. Are you having trouble sleeping?

Yes, pdoc probably is only interested in managing meds,  however info that a potential crisis looming is the  aim of the exercise @Determined.

Back home Mr D said he only skimmed info, said he wasn't overly upset. When I explained it was important that I let them know of his symptoms as they could be reflective of a further serious adverse event he thanked me.

Last  night or two have been ok @Former-Member but a couple of weeks of poor sleep is catching up with me. + I suspect emotional fatigue is playing a pretty big part also. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance