Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Hi @Sans911 and everyone @Snowie@Shaz51@outlander@Zoe7

I’ve been missing you @Sans911. I haven’t perceived anything you’ve written as “complaining” - that’s my role! Please stay involved (I was a bit concerned when we hadn’t heard from you). What was the support group like? How did your psych appointment go (re a claim if I recall correctly). Thanks again @Shaz51 & @Zoe7 for your thoughtful response & lived experience re my overthinking query. Is Mr Shaz a little better this evening in any way? @Zoe7 did you unpack your car this arvo? 

Evening @Sam3@Shaz51 hope you have both had good days. 

I remember the times my caregivers had to get things for me for school. I always thought it was excessive! Who keeps their stuff from their school years? Not many. I keep a lot of my nursing stuff, but I've only kept a few assignments where I got distinction & high distinctions. The rest are articles. It's probably time to cull that too.

@Snowie

Hi @Sam3 sorry for the lack of contact. I've seen a few times you've asked about me. That's really sweet. I used to be a lot more active on the forum, but generally I stick mostly to this thread and a few others. There's been lots of people I used to interact with, but sadly they've left either temporarily or permanently.

My psychologist appt for the dsp was last Thursday. It was much shorter than expected, and I didn't say a lot, as they have a heap of documents on my history anyway. I won't know the outcome for a few more weeks yet. Nothing was given away at the meeting.

The support group is very interesting in terms of the facilitators and the group dynamics. But we are learning about ourselves and each other. I wish I could say what it's about but it's a pilot project, so it would give it and me away. Are you doing OK @Sam3

Hey @Sans911 thanks for the tag
How's i going?

Thanks for all that info @Sans911. I’m really glad you’re finding the ‘secret’ 🤐support group interesting & maybe you’ll gain some longer-term benefits. 🤞Fingers crossed for a positive outcome re the DSP (if that’s what you want). I’m guessing there are no developments with the 8 hour shift possibility as yet? 

Thanks for asking after me. I’ve had a nasty headache most of my day at work but I got through. GP appointment was ok (apart from being teary through it & again with the poor phlebotomist). So I started the medication for hypothyroidism tonight (choosing to only glance at the long list of possible sideffects!). I also submitted a couple of job applications before work. Despite fatigue & my husband kindly suggesting otherwise, I cooked dinner.... so all in all a productive day. A few residents praised me (not ones with dementia although they are often appreciative too) so that was positive. I don’t really want to tell the residents I’ve been made redundant until my last few days when I foolishly hope I can tell them I have another job. They’ve known me for nearly 10 months. What do you think about when to announce my departure at end of next week? 

@Sans911 💜

Wow, that's a hard one @Sam3. I'm not in your shoes for a start, so difficult to know what to do. I don't think it hurts to let them know, in our world today, it's tough to be in business, and your employer has faced a difficult situation in letting people go. I prefer to be honest and transparent, but that's me. I'm not a good liar. I hate goodbyes too, especially with people I've gotten to know, respect, care for. I'd probably leave it to the day before. They'll be shocked of course, but I will keep my emotions in check because it's so sudden. But this is all how I would respond. If you look inside your heart, the answer will be there.

(crawling out from under my rock)

I'm sorry lil Sis @outlander that I went a little MIA on you. I justed needed some shut down time. It didn't do my any good though. I slept most of yesterday, and feel no better for it.

How are you doing tonight?

A bit flat in mood and energy @MDT
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance