Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported

hello and sending you hugs @LostAngel@Lostandalone@ChelseaFox04@Sophia1 , @Former-Member Heart

Feeling Better although sometimes working on your mental health ect can feel like a lonely Journey especially in and out of Lockdowns,missing in person connections with others,and really having to dig deep within myself to find different ways to keep improoving,some days theres wins and some days not so much,just doing the best I can each day to keep moving forward despite what my fearfull or doubtfull thoughts tell me,still try to always find a way through one particular stratedy is setting clear boundaries and trying my best to respect others boundaries,its really just lonliness and isolation that really get me down at times if I let it but other times I can smile through it and distract and keep busy,being kind is important,it will be my Birthday soon so have been a bit nostaligic or reflective in general and sometimes things take alot alot of time,Patience and understanding,especially with those close to us or even ourselves and how we view the worldthe good news is we have the choice to make better choices 

Just saying whats on my mind ,no need for solutions or answers just the need for continued self acceptance Ive gotta be carefull of the sadness but sometimes timing for things can be not how we would like them to be and as much as we will and fight and try to dictate an outcome that we want it doesnt always work that way alot of the time life isnt fair ,things dont always go as planned and not everything can be seen or known or planned ,alot of the time things happen or the way things happen is out of our control,you just cant force the good things to work in your favour all of the time its not how life works,theres twists and turns,valleys and cayons to cross,times where you have no choice but to brave the elements that are suddenly thrown in your direction,You must be mature about the things you cant force or control or change,theres a reason for evrything and a time for everything,maybe one day this thing will work out for you,its just taking longer ,so go to sleep now and remember the people ment for you in life will find you and you will find them someday too ,untill then look after you,your going to be ok ,you are stronger than you think whatever happens just dont give up on you,theres a reason,theres a lesson in all this,its ok,your human ,I am Safe Goodnight everyone 

The only positive thing I did today was get out of bed before lunchtime and stay out for about 8 hours; I'm back now but can't seem to settle.

I'm really struggling with the combination of depressive tiredness and anxious restlessness.

Sometimes I hate living the way I do in the bush. There's a severe weather warning here atm so I was stuck up the end of the caravan with my phone signal dropping in and out while I was up.

It was just too wild outside for me to go sit in the ute like I usually do.

To top it all off one of the lenses fell out of my reading glasses this afternoon. I will have to drive into town tomorrow to get them sorted. I will stock up on supplies and do a load of washing while I'm in there. The thought of it fills me with dread but I mustn't waste the trip.

I think I am at the point of just accepting that at least I WAS out of bed for a while today and taking that as an achievement.

I hope everyone had a more pleasant Sunday than I did. Here's hoping there is some restful sleep in store for us all tonight.

With you @Eve7 

@Eve7just wanted to say I read your post and I'm thinking of you.

Hi @Bow 

Can you call ACT @Eve7 ? 

Hi @Eve7,

I'm really sorry to hear how you are feeling this evening, and the thoughts you are sitting with. We are worried about your wellbeing, and want to check in Heart Just letting you know one of our peer support workers has sent an email, could you please take a look and respond to that when you can Heart 

You've taken a really brave step to reach out for support and to let us know that you aren't feeling safe. We would encourage you to take the next big step to reach out to crisis support services at the moment. I know you have a good sense of which services are helpful for you, and trust that you will continue to reach out as you have done here today Heart 

I’m sorry for writing that @Bow @frog @cloudcore 

I’m not in a good place today but I’ll call ACT

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance