Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Request: A long rave

TAB_0-1702077404214.jpeg

😊 @Adge @Zoe7 

@TAB 😁

@Adge , been thinking of you lots my friend 

Are you OK and how are all your birds 🐦 

@Zoe7 , @TAB , @Appleblossom , @PinkFlamingo 

@Adge Hope UR healing.

@TAB @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @@cooee.... been talking WaaWaa to local crows

? eh ? >> @Appleblossom  lol 

Waa means crow in an indigenous language @TAB ... I was not referring to waawaa pedals of Ye olden geetah hero days...lol

ok thought was a crow call @Appleblossom  fun fact most big black birds in aust are Ravens lolo............

Thanks @Shaz51 For your thoughts.

Thanks for asking about me.

Well the hospital stint lead to me effectively losing my job.

I wasn't dismissed as such - As a Casual I was not offered anymore work (no hours), after that.

This was despite having a very good performance record, & positive feedback to management from my clients.

I did not disclose the reasons for my hospitalisation to my employer (not that I was on the Psych Ward) - Just that I was in hospital.

However, judgements were obviously made - because that's where my work with that employer abruptly ended.

I was expecting to, & relying on returning to work (early December last year), as soon as I came out of hospital.

Instead I've had to adjust emotionally (& financially) to being unemployed again, which was not expected.

I'm now undertaking a First Aid Course, then soon starting a new job position -

- Under enormous pressure from the Disability Employment Service Jobsearch Agency, who seem determined to place me in any Job position that comes up.

Regardless of the amount of driving between clients (for this job) being beyond my capabilities.

My physical & health limitations are not being considered (again), when the DES Job Agency is put me forward for this job position (& others).

In any case, I am trying to find something Positive & encouraging (or empowering) to draw on, amidst what appears to be pointless (I'm hoping it isn't).

My Birds are doing well, they brighten my life with colour & song.

I have a new cat, she is rather Timid & a bit skittish - I've only had her for 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Adge

Thanks @Appleblossom Much appreciated.

Yes, I think I'm healing.

Just so many unexpected challenges - Finding myself unexpectedly unemployed (again), straight after hospital.

Am about to embark on a new Job endeavour - Largely under pressure from the Disability Employment Service Job Agency.

To take this potentially unsuitable Job position on, no matter the cost.

In any case, I'm hoping to find positives in this experience (somehow).

Adge

@Adge 

Good you are a trooper.

Cos of all the work you have done in the field I am surprised they didn’t recognise your judgment about the job. 

I was seriously unimpressed by my Disability job agency... figured the females were about dressing nicely and sitting in nice offices... hmmm. Zero delivery.

This year I am taking matters in my own hands a bit and planning a busy productive year. It’s not healthy to feel ones will and being shrivel up with nothing to do. I do believe most people thrive with a challenge... it’s just getting it to be reasonable for the person and circumstances.

I may sign up for an official course later in year but have other projects... under the bonnet So to speak... can’t help it ... me 1/2 bloke side always pops up. I am a bit weary of tertiary education being a marketing campaign.

Hope you manage... situation. Here if you need to talk .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance