Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Thanks for "normalising" my reactions @eth That's a term the psychs use.

I mean it was quite a big (major) trigger.

It helps to hear that I'm not the only one with delayed reactions.

I do have delayed reactions, especially when overwhelmed by things.

The shock came first, then anger, now it's mostly shock again.

Self-care is alway a "Bug-Bear" - because I know it's important, yet nothing works very well for me.

Those are excellent suggestions, probably even more necessary when feeling down (or yukky).

I had a Hypnotherapy session this afternoon - that helped to relax & ground me a bit.

He wants me to do some creative drawing - because I had some very colourful visualisations, during the session (rare for me).

I might try to watch a DVD movie (Eragon), if I can make myself sit still long enough to watch it.

Hugs to you too.

Adge

@eth Good morning eth πŸ™‚ the ndis woman wants to see how the family works together. How I cope with the stress of it all. My mental health worker will be there with me plus the kidults so it will be standing room only in my small villa. My stress levels will be high which is good. To be honest I am nervous even now about it. 

Hope you are well and have an enjoyable Sunday ahead maybe you could come over and do some of my gardening for me :)xxx

Good morning @greenpea   wonder if you're still around.  Hope you slept well and that today is a nice respite day for you.  The reason we're doing so much in the garden at the moment is that we're clearing the area where the pool and surrounding slab will be.  It was meant to be coming on Monday but I overheard yesterday that it's been delayed a week.  It is a 10m long pool by about 4m I think and the slab will be more like16m long as bro is going to build himself a proper workshop on the rear end of it.  So we've had to relocate everything in that space as well as clear the way for it to be delivered.  Fences down, raised garden beds (2-3 cubic m each) relocated, moving about 20 piles of mulch that's been raked up (this part is my job)  etc etc.  

I'm concerned about any delays because all the others are going away for a month starting mid April.  I really don't want to have to deal with tradesmen etc by myself.  I am definitely not up for that.  Typical me angsting well in advance.  Trying to keep it to myself and not jinx the job.

@Adge  I'm glad to hear you felt like your reactions were 'normalised' by what I said.  It certainly was a major trigger.  Doing some drawing sounds like a great idea.  Any type of mindfulness activity is good to help let go of what's troubling us, even if just for a little while.  The water tai chi I've been doing helps greatly with this.  It's impossible to think about other stuff while doing it.    You have something major coming up that's way more important than these other people dragging you back into the past just now.  So the journaling you're doing will hopefully help to put that stuff 'in the vault' for now, to be dealt with in your own time when you're more ready.

I'm pretty sure there's a couple of threads on here that are all about making a 'tool box' of coping skills to use when times are difficult.  I'll go looking for it now.

Tagging any @Former-Member  around today - I can't find the tool box thread(s) - are you able to find them and link them here?

@CheerBear  @Mazarita  @Appleblossom  @Faith-and-Hope  does any of you remember the threads I'm talking about?

Morning everyone πŸ™‚

@eth maybe this one here

You can use the search bar with terms like coping strategies/coping skills etc to find lots of threads that might be worth checking out πŸ™‚

Hi @eth .... πŸ‘‹

Coping Box thread is here.  Is that what you’re looking for ?

Hi Eth
lola here, one of the mods.....have the suggestions you received from @Faith-and-Hope and @CheerBear worked for you? Let me know and I will explore what to do.
lola

Thanks @CheerBear  and @Faith-and-Hope  they were exactly what I was looking for.

Hi @lola  any other similar threads you could link to would be great.  I am looking for them to share with @Adge  and someone on the new 'Loss and grief my psychologist & friend' thread.

Thanks @eth Yes mindfulness activities.

My 2 yoga classes each week help, good to see friendly faces there too.

My neighbour is coming over very shortly, for morning tea (I invited her over).

Adge

Good morning all ...  @greenpea @Adge @Mazarita @CheerBear      @Faith-and-Hope   @Exoplanet @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @outlander 

Hope today has started gently for you and brings some good stuff as it unfolds. 

Morning @eth and thanks for the hi 😊 my morning is going OK thanks. Up at 5 but that's normal for me and things are running smoothly enough (yay for being super organised!). I'm about to take big up to the station then help the others get ready. Hope your morning has started well too. Any plans today?

πŸ‘‹ and ❀ to all
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance