Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

All sounds good @Zoe7 . At least you now have the weekend ahead of you to restore some energy and vigor.

Sorry your Hurricanes couldnt win last night. Though I wasnt surprised. If you look at the Melb Stars lineup, they seem to have an unfair advantage when it comes to personnel once all their rep players return. Unfortunately it is my prediction that it will be a disappointing all-melbourne final on Sunday. My Sixers are down a few players, and although their batters have clicked on a few occasions, its rare. Mostly they lose 3 or 4 wickets during the early powerplay. So hard to recover from that, as your 'Canes found last night. Oh .. I cried when poor George hurt his shoulder fielding a ball on the boundary. I really like George. He looked in a world of pain, poor fellow.

Sherry 💜

George getting hurt so badly was really the cherry on top of a bad night @Former-Member  They were always going to be 20 runs short and Jofra didn't bowl well at all. It was a shame they couldn't win but I wasn't very confident so not at all surprised - especially when they lost the toss and we were batting first - our record batting first has not been a good one. I hope your Sixers can pull it off tonight - would love to see them in the final - whoever wins tonight I will be going for in the final Smiley Surprised

Looking forward to relaxing and recharging the batteries this weekend. I have the usual housework to do but going to try to do some of that tonight - I figure I am already tired so will try to get some things done and then crash early. That is the plan but the reality may be that I simply crash early lol

How are doing today Hon?

thanks @Zoe7 

It was a good day for me @Zoe7, and it was Visual’s day off (we have 1.5 days a week free).  I am loving coming back as an “old girl” this year ..... lol .... but I expect to quickly have the younger students starting to run rings around me .... especially with the tech stuff.

Visiting rellies have commented that my mr. is much thinner than he was when they last saw him two years ago, and they thought he was very thin then ..... so there is concern about what his austere, unrelenting regimen is doing to his health.  And he hasn’t taken them near his office space .... but he has decided to sleep in an area of the art space on a mattress on the floor, because the visitors are non-English-speaking and fearful of being on their own there, also without a phone ..... so I am wondering whether his food supplies and prep routines will follow him over there too .... and his sleep routine with nightly “treat” food and loud audio books definitely will.

Not worrying too much about it.  It translates to relief from the pressure he applies to us over it all because it is an all-day constant when you’re in his presence, but curious as to whether it adds to their concern.  It’s a form of feedback over something that we have become acclimatised to, from others who aren’t, and wondering whether they will offer feedback or advice.

It is good that your Mr. is sleeping over with the rellies @Faith-and-Hope - for both them and you all. Having that relief from the monotonous routines will be helping you all. It must be quite obvious from 'outsiders' how thin he is and no doubt that is causing concern among them but there is nothing you can do about that - he is the one that needs to recognise that this is all excessive and actually putting his health in danger.

It is good that you have that time off during the week. I bet you are loving being back - I remember how much you loved talking about your course last year and am not surprised that you are loving being the 'old' girl. It will also help Visual when she needs extra encouragement as you have been there and done that already before. I am so looking forward to hearing all about what you do this year - it is like I can see your eyes light up through your words when you write about your course. Soooo happy that you are back doing what you love and you love beeing back into it Heart

sounds good @Zoe7 

Hello @Faith-and-Hope , @TAB , @Former-Member , @Sam3 , @Former-Member 

Hey @Shaz51  How have you pulled up this evening. I think I read you worked this morning - hope I got that right. Do you have anything planned for the weekend?

Hi @Shaz51 

ah ha @Zoe7 

smoky`s owners have rearranged their house , they both have MI and I have been cleaning for them for 10 years now

smoky does not like things being moved around , so lots of cuddles this morning and mewoing and following me everywhere

we clean 2 houses today and got home at 2-30pm  and then i did a load of washing , cleaned the bathroom , put the clothes away

now going to have vege pasta for dinner , soo easy

no idea about tomorrow yet , but going to take some time to relax , but will see xxxx

hello @TAB , how has your day been Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance