Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Mon0497
Contributor

Happy New Year

Happy 2019 to all my friends here,

I would not made it through 2018 without your wisdom, love and care.

My daughter has been out of hospital for 10 weeks now and I am thankful.

2018 was the longest and scariest year of my life. I am under no illusions as to 2019 but I am grateful that we have made it this far.

I have been able to go back to work and my daughter is trying so hard to make a life for herself.

She broke down today saying she thinks she is a failure and and she has let everyone down. She wants her independence back. In some ways her emotion is a relief as she has been so even tempered of late I had begun to worry if she was able to feel due to her meds.

I worry about her memory after her ECT but its not big important stuff she is forgetting.

Today's emotions were about her realising that perhaps she should not return to her high powered executive job. I really don't want her to as I saw what it did to her last year. I am gently encouraging some study in a new field.

Anyway thank you my friends for all your support @greenpea  @Amour_Et_Psyché  @Boo13  @Former-Member @Shaz51 @eudemonism

And anyone else I have forgotten 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Happy New Year

@Mon0497tears are good as she is able to 'feel' her emotions. I wish I could ....  I have them stuffed down some where .... hopefully they will resurface soon. I agree with you that a change of career is a good thing. Stress contributes so much to mental illness. I am hoping that some day I will be able to study again :).

My son2 is doing better. He is calmer which is wonderful for all including him :). Please keep in touch and let us know how your daughter progresses throughout the year. Your friend greenpea xxxx

Re: Happy New Year

@Mon0497 I'm basically all about myself and my own issues aye. I've been through a few stages/phases of life. And i had to literally give it everything i had to get into these stages and get through them. But have ended up rock bottom again and figure this is where I'll stay.

Everyone is different and unique. Everything has their own experiences and stories. And differnt abilities... And i suppose everyone has a recovery which is customised to themselves. I look at it like this. All humans more or less need the same stuff... so ultimately there's probably lots of similarities between people...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance