Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Windsong
Contributor

Hello, I feel I must go, at least for a while!

At this moment , I feel so broken. My husband , is a good man, but I dont know him at all. For the past 15 years , I have held on to hope, he would treat me like he did when we first me. It hasnt happened, its a loveless marrriage. No cuddle no nothing, except him saying, I love you. Damn what does that mean when , no actions follow. I care for my 83 yr old mum 24/7, yesterday at doctors, mum was in room, the doctor wanted me to be be taken by ambulance to hospital as doctor fears , I am having some form of mini micro strokes. I have already had a major heart attack. I told her , I would drive there, I really just wanted to go home, mum cant be expected to sit around. I drove home, I will go monday. Well mum, tells my husband,  he said to me, you been shitty since you got home, I said maybe , I am sick, HIS reply , I am sunburnt and sick to. He didn't ask anything. I dont want to die being so sad and aline, even though married. I sleep out side as he prefers 6 dogs to take over the bed. A few days ago, I saw a psychiatrist, he was straight to the point. I said I didnt want anyone else just mmy husband, he said, then you have chosen. I was lost then, this hurt and loss eats at me from the momement I wake up and I go to sleep, with the same thoughts. What the phy did say, which , I cant let go of is. YOU EITHER DO, OR YOU DON'T, THERE IS NO TRY. My husband don't, I don't nag , every so often, I show him articles or say we got to work this out, I meet a blank wall, with no voice or opinion. O carry every problem in the home, except him feeding animals and taking care of whats important to him. I cant even walk safely to get water, I have to fill loo with water from bucket, its all happened and I cant address all these issues on my own, first, I dont have knowledge, second no strength for some of it. Fencing dogs and pet cows now getting on road ( I would help) , I use to get people now and the, but , I am not in position now. I live oyt of town on acreage.

I dont want to die so unhappy. I told mum in 2 weeks , we hit the road, my stress levels need to drop, I dont need pills, just peace. What doc said , You either DO or you DON'T has really hit home. He Doesn't. And all the things he won't say, I fill in the blanks. HellI must be ugly as, for him to not even cuddle me , I have tolerated for 15 years hoping praying it will get better. 

So mum and I will go in little campervan , around Qld, come back at xmas for my kids and xmas and hope he realizes, this can't stay this way. I am so rattled  and all over the shop. Mum deserves her last days living life, not in a depressive environment. She sticks up for my hubby,  Sorry to carry on. I have no one reallt. My girls are adult women, but they cant help , except love me.

Forgive the tirade. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Hello, I feel I must go, at least for a while!

Hey @Windsong.  Welcome to the forums! Just dropping by to offer a bit of support. It can take a little while for members to come across new posts and respond.

It sounds like its been a really challenging time for you and you are ready for some freedom and fresh air. I really hope the road trip with your mother offers this for you. We're all here to listen and support Smiley Happy

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can see you have been struggling with this unloved or disconnected feeling with your hundred for a long time. You tried all your best to solve the relationship with him, but it seems like there's no room for making any new change. I'm sorry to hear about your health situation. This must be complicated for you to process it while you already have so many things that keep you busy. But I want to say you are a braver, resilient person. Think about all the past years that you had been got through, you are amazed to raise your children, you didn't give up on trying to repair or draw closer back to your hundred. Despite the outcomes are not always going as what we want (but that is life, I agree it's stuck), you still put your best to figure it out how to do it.

Last, I'm glad that you care about yourself, you mentioned the road trip is something that you want to do, something that you feel like can set you free, joy and live for yourself. In fact, when you said the road trip that gives you hope, you knew that you want to do this, not for ex-skipping anything, but it gives you time to enjoy your life. Here I quote a phrase, "Do whatever you like, you then live the way you wanted to be". 

Take care~

Your supporter:)

@Windsong  I’m sorry you feel broken, and that you feel unloved. 

Reading your post, there is no doubt you have tried. The road trip sounds like a great idea. See what happens.

I guess it will be packing and planning in the coming weeks. I wish you all the best. You deserve this. Enjoy. 💕💕

@SummerSmiley  Welcome to the forums. It’s good to see you here already supporting someone. I hope we can support you also.💕💕

Hi and welcome, @Windsong , it's good to have you here!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel so broken, and such loss, in your life. 

I hope that the trip you have planned helps both you and your mother... Please take care of yourself.

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then a member's name, they will get a notification that you're replying to them. 

Hi @SummerSmiley , I notice you are also new and just wanted to welcome you too! Feel free to share about yourself, or introduce yourself with 3 random facts on the Introduce yourself here thread, or start your own thread for some suppport if you like. To tag anyone, put an @ before their name. I hope you enjoy the forums...

hello @Windsong @SummerSmiley welcome to you both Heart

@Jupiter thank you for yor kind words.

@SummerSmiley Thank you , I just feel, I have to change this and only I can do it. I scared, when I get back, it will be the same old thing. But thats projecting, for now, I will enjoy , the time planning where to go. It hurts, if he would talk. Oh well, he won't. I will sign off, as dont won't to go over same ground. Thank you

@NatureLover Thank you and I hope I take advantage being away and working out, what I really want. I wish you peace also.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance