Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flo
Casual Contributor

Help at last

Hello everyone. New to this forum. Just so happy to find this group. I'm endeavouring to gain knowledge so I know how to support a family member who has recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Help at last

hello @Flo and welcome
please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like.
we have a thread called 'hot chocolate anyone?' in the social section where many carers hang out. please pop in anytime!

I don't care for someone who have borderline personality disorder however I do have the condition myself and am happy to share any knowledge I have or answer any questions you may have

also a little forum tip is to put an @ before a members name, this way that member will receive a notification that your talking to them

I think @Determined may be able to offer some advice too

Hi @Flo  and welcome.

Thanks @outlander  for the tag.

Juat checking in quickly as I pass by.

Will check in again a little later on. A bit snowed atm. 

hey @Flo just wondered how your going?

Thank you for your messages. I'm still learning how to process this forum🤦‍♀️
I'm a Nana desperate to help my grandchild, & am gaining so much insight from other members & nice to know there is so much support & kindness.

Thank you for asking@outlander. I’m good & keen to learn as much as I can from this forum.

To @Determined 

impressed with this forum. So much input, kindness & advice. 
I'm very grateful

that's ok @Flo it can take some time to navigate and to learn to use.
we are only to happy to share the knowledge and experiences we have with you

Morning @Flo 

It is lovely to hear a Nana so keen to help.

As outlander mentioned I support my wife (aka my darlikg) of 20+ years who lives with BPD.  I am happy to answer any questions that you may have.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is to set clear boundaries. Slightly different dynamic for your relationship but it has made a big difference in our family. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance