Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

@Former-Member  Not pathetic at all. I think something deep happens when someone who cares deeply,  gives a hug. Your psych obviously cares deeply for you, and you for her. ❤️❤️❤️

sending you lots of tender hugs my @Former-Member Heart

here for you xx

Hi @Former-Member 

I tried to read your post last night but I was distracted - I have read it properly this morning - and in spite of your depression and ptsd and your upcoming anniversary - the uncertainty of your psyce and everthing else - you write clearly - and you have a lot on your plate.

You are not pathetic - and certainly not a bad person for wishing your husband had not made it through all the treatments he had. It was such a lot of work for you and you have other responsibilities - I think you are an angel for others - I would love to have you in my life and you are already a blessing

I know you don't want to go back to scratch with a psyche and this one seems distracted - she also has a lot on her mind and I think the last session you had with her proved she is worthwhile certainly but the future is unsure for you

What can you do? I know you are stuck where you are in many ways and keeping-on-keeping-on as  you do is something I couldn't do so you have chosen to take a hard road - you are worth more than your husband imagines but I understand right now you have made your choice

But I can tell how fragile you have been and still are. mmm - I can only tell you I'm here and listening. I care. Take the best care of yourself as you can and don't stay around for any more beatings - you got away once - keep trying that -

And DV is never acceptable - yes - your psyche is mandated to pass that message along - it's fortunate for your husband that she only told your GP. The police would have taken it more seriously. I really hate to think of women (and some men) being abused by their partners - I really really hate to think of this happening to you

Stay calm and care for yourself - I am glad you are back on-line

Dec

Thanks so much to those of you who took the time to read my long post yesterday and either respond and/or press the 'support'.  Having you all here means so much to me.

@Owlunar @Shaz51 @Maggie @outlander @BlueBay @Zoe7 @Scoo @Adge @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope  💕

Sherry 

Image result for thanks so much for your support

@Peri  😃💖  Nice to see you again.  How are you doing?

@Former-Member I didn't comment yesterday as I didn't have words that seemed fitting for the time you had taken. My words today to you are very simple - you give me strength, courage and inspire me everyday and I not only admire and respect you but love having you in my life. No matter what you are confronted with, what you endure or what you have to face each day you continue to keep going, and despite overwhelming pain at times your care and compassion here for others shines through. Life is ambiguous in so many areas for you at present but you continue to be a shining light here for so many - you truly are one in a million and we are all better for knowing you - you have our support, our love and you Matter Heart

❤️❤️🌷 @Former-Member 

Hi @Former-Member I could relate to a lot of what you said about seeing your psychologist.

I hope that you are able to continue with her, to receive the support that you need.

"You are highly sensitive, and often do not remain present during our therapy sessions" - is something that my psych has said, word for word (very similar) to me.

Mine said that it took me several years to even start to trust her, & to open up.

Adge

Hi @Former-Member 

@I was so pleased to see you back and hear how your visit to your psych went.  

I am going okish.  I have my ups and downs tonight I feel quite low I am not sure why.  But overall this week I have felt not too bad.  I think about you and what you have to go through and it helps me to feel stronger.  Please take care

love peri

Hugs my @Former-Member xxxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance