Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

Hard slog... now theres a term !!!

The process of actually getting a real identified diagnosis... discovering the expansive world of medication and what works... looooooooooong journey... my wifes family regard me as the unqualified psychiatrist.... I have unimpressed a few psychiatric registrars... but they deserved my response...

My wife and I are im a good place the past few years... the rediculous part... is when she is good... my "ghosts  from the process of being the Carer"... show themselves. 

Dont get me wrong though.... Im in s good place myself 

Hobbies... well Im a gym nut... I used to race pushbikes... got run down 3 times im a year... so I moved on to gym work.... endorphins are a wonderful thing... 

I love good coffee.... and I love boutique beer... and a good red... 

Theatre... bush walking... beaches in Winter... big tick !

Can relate to that @Totman 

Hard to transition from full on care to stepping back our help is not needed so much.  

Even though Mr Darcy has been stable for some time advocating for him at times is still necessary.

I must admit to always looking... always asking.... just to be sure... 

I love this time when we are in a good place... we have finally achieved a pretty good quality of life... some things we have to accept as side effects of medication.... but nothing is perfect.... and considering how little realistic history  has been done in study of mental health... thankful is a big thing

Side effects = yikes @Totman 

Must admit I struggle with the side effects.... yikes.... my word... politely put !!!!

Evening all. 

Nice to meet you @Totman 

Like your comment ' I always ark back to the ole marital vow.... in sickness and in health' 

This has helped me to get through a lot

Unfortunate thing is so many (particually proffesional) people don't understand this commitment. 

Also at 20 years and counting here.

Nice to meet you Determined.....
Sadly in todays generation there are many who see life solely from the perspective of what makes them happy.... to apply work to the partner they love... easily forgotten... its sad..

Thanks for talking tonight...

Appreciated 😀

good morning @Totman , @Former-Member , @Determined@Faith-and-Hope@Sophie1@Jay-e 

how is everyone today xx

today is sunny, cool , cloudy but no rain --- yaaaa

slept in this morning 

the sunshine will brighten up my mr shaz today , and knowing by this afternoon he will be getting anxious of all the jobs we have to do this week 

last week was very quiet due to all the rain we had and the infection i had 

are Bi polar 2 perfectionist ??

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance