Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Determined
Senior Contributor

Remembering mum-in-law

Today marks 12 months since we lost my MIL to cancer. I just wanted to remember her today and honour her memory.

She has been a rock to many people over her life but especially to me, particually in supporting me through many a crisis over 19 years of marriage. (Now at 20 and counting). Certinally no in law issues here.

Beginning with taking me into their family long before darling and I had noticed each other when I was living far from home and family with regular Sunday lunches but also always available for advice if needed.

Once married, while she didn’t always agree with me and was not afraid to tell me when she thought I was out of line, she always supported and respected my position as husband to her daughter and father to her grandchildren.

She has also been a rock and source of stability to our children and always seemed to have the right answers particularly when their mum (my darling) was in crisis and absent. I especially miss her counsel.

A lady who touched many lives in a positive way with a heart to serve She will be missed by many.
Miss you Mum 😥💜

1 REPLY 1
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Remembering mum-in-law

images - 2020-02-11T192939.233.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance