Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Severe Depression

Hi I’m new to this forum. My family and I moved to Australia from NZ 6mths ago (hubby is an Australian) I usually work as a registered nurse but have not been able to work for a year due to my depression which is getting worse to pretty much crisis point. I hate not working as I loved my job plus I can’t find any work here as I have no energy and can’t concentrate for long and I’m feeling guilty that hubby has to work harder and longer to support us. Depression does not give a good quality of life I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling with the whole career thing too 😢

When you are experiencing the effects of anxiety and depression, life seems as though it is moving in slow motion and you are inside watching it all go by. When someone gets to the point of being unable to function in their normal everyday activities, it is time for anxiety depression treatment. The side effects of anxiety and depression can be scary for those who have to endure it. In depression, the term day dreaming takes on a whole new meaning. A person's ability to concentrate becomes next to none during a severe depression and could be costly if that person is driving or operating heavy machinery. One can natural ways like trying therapists, counselors, etc. or can consult a psychic like Voyante Sérieuse(martine-voyance.com/qui-suis-je) if left with no option. Psychics also help people come out of problems of depression, stress, anxiety, fear of loving again, betrayal, etc.

Hi,

I have been depressed since 11 and am now nearly 21. I have now gotten to a point where I graduated university and now have no job or purpose. I have gone down hill very fast and am struggling to continue on. Two years ago I was fit as and healthy and had motivation and now I am struggling to wake up

Hey there @mentalgirl,

Thank you for sharing, I am sorry to hear you are going through a tough time at the moment. It sounds like you are going through some changes and it's all a bit confusing. I am wondering whether you have a GP that you feel comfortable talking to? It may be worth while just having a chat to a GP about the changes in motivation that you mentioned, they would then be able to support you in figuring out where to go next.

In the meantime you should try and do something nice for yourself tonight. What do you usually enjoy doing ? Even binge watching a Netflix series can be exactly what we need sometimes.

All the best,

Turquoise.

Today I missed 3 pills as I just returned from a trip for one and forgot that  i didnt Have any.

Instantly I want to it tree. I drag my self for my drugs. Drag bawling eyesthrough woollies for necessities.

This makes me think I can't be that bad.

Crawl into bed and cry. No selfworth. I'm fat ugly worthless. No kids. Thought all I'd need is a partner to grow old with. That's gone too ....nothing matters but my cats that i rescue...only thing that keeps my reason alive...me alive

i gave up a 25 year career because I realised I simply could no longer function. I have found a job that is less than what I was but kind of leaves me alone enough to function adequately.

i
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance