Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I had a sneaking suspicion you might understand the fear that is there even when things are OK @Maggie, and the scrambled head experiences πŸ˜‘

The crew woke up doing much better this morning. A couple apologised which is unusual (for one in particular - ahem Miss Middle :face_with_rolling_eyes:). Mr Friend person called and said he was looking forward to taking them to training tonight which gave me the chance to give him a heads up that they may be bonkers. Everything inside me is telling me I can't leave them with anyone else, can't rely on anyone, its too hard etc.

I'm on my way to training now after pain relief kicked in enough to go. Self doubt now creeping in too. I'm not good enough to be doing this, what if I stuff up, who do I think I am even trying to do things like this. Happy days in my head today! 🀨:face_with_rolling_eyes:😏 I found some get up and go in our chat this morning. Thank you ❀

Do you have any plans for the day, or ideas of how today might go?

Hi and hugs for you @outlander. Hope there's OK or better in your day

@CheerBear  You get a thumbs up πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ but I’ll keep it to this thread.

I think Mr Friend will handle the crew.

Ahem Miss Middle get thumbs up too. I feel a love connection πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Everytime I head to church I have the same conversation rattling around in my head @CheerBear . But you are good enough, and so much more.πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

I see and hear you efforts.

Ive had a short walk with furbaby so far. Trying to play with colour and keep it off the walls.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ Maybe cross stitch. πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Thanks @Maggie ❀

I see and hear your efforts too and how tough it can be to push beyond allllll the things that stand in the way.

Haha paint off the walls πŸ˜† Our bin must have grown wings as it went flying across the garden when it was being washed late last night πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.

Glad you have some colour with you today 🌈

It’s just me being weird @CheerBear β€οΈ

363B29AF-2A69-4B49-906A-A7B7D1D3008A.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

I love your 'weirdness' @Maggie  πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Hope you start to feel a lot better very soon @CheerBear   ... never doubt yourself.  You are good enough. πŸ˜ƒ

@CheerBear  First coffee hereβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ

Wondering how yesterday went, if you would like to share. Hope today is a rest day, even pj or part of. πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Morning @Maggie and hi all

You're up early early Maggie. Dodgy night or the usual? Late start for me (I'm not going to complain about that!).

Yesterday was so good thanks. The training itself was incredibly moving and thought provoking. I have a lot of reflection to do and a lot to learn. I feel very privileged.

I did the public transport and in peak hour and across the city, thing and it went well enough (I survived haha). My trains and bus all linked up well enough for me to make it back to catch the end of soccer training. When I pulled in I could see Mr Friend sitting with one of the school mums I get along well with, chatting away happily. The crew were well behaved too. It all just worked πŸ™‚ (you can add a "told you so" if you'd like πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†).

How was your yesterday and how are you going this morning? No counsellor today I think. I can imagine that would feel like a bit of a hole in your Friday maybe? πŸ–€

I never say” told you so” @CheerBear . But I had my fingers crossed, and thought of you often.

I can imagine lots of reflection. I think the privilege goes both ways @CheerBear , they are lucky to have you, that’s why you are There, they see your value.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’œπŸ’œ

You faced big challenges with public transport, plus, and here’s the big one....the crew did well, and so did Mr Right. That’s some ground covered in a day, I hope you are proud of yourself, and your crew.   I am. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

No counsellor today. She’s away till Sunday. I will get a phone call when she has time.

Yesterday I dotted a picture frame. Nothing that needed concentration, just a bit of colour. The walls are ok.....for now.

Are you resting today?

I didn't think you'd say that @Maggie (I was being playful) ❀ I felt and appreciated the hope you had that it would go well and the fingers crossed, thank you.

I wish everyone could do what I had the opportunity to do yesterday. I think the world would be a better place for it. I can't imagine racist, ignorant, hateful and harmful views not being smashed by the kinds of conversations and listening that happened there. Full on stuff.

So good to hear there was a bit of colour in your day yesterday. I'm impressed the walls are still OK too.

I have Mr Friend here for a little while today. He stayed over last night, something that feels more OK the more it happens. We might watch a movie which will be restful enough. I have some paperwork stuff to do which will mean a trip out to print things but it won't be for long.

How about yourself? More colour?

Have the meetings finished up for now?

I got the playful @CheerBear, I was being the same back.

Communication is so important @CheerBear. And really hearing, with more than just a reply. I agree and disagree, about the opportunity . Some hear, some don’t, some never will.

I do know living with MI helps me hear very differently, but how do we get some to hear us, without prejudice. 

Some down time with Mr Friend sounds like a good idea.

The meeting are finished, but I think they have one every week. I’m not sure where atm. It’s hard to get info, when you don’t communicate ( sigh). Thinking about that I just said ⬆️⬆️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance