Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Emelia8  I’m sorry you are in the blue / black zone. No doubt, the past weeks have been hard. I hope your DP brings some colour, that’s what stones etc help with me. Any or every little bit helps. It’s good to see you.

Mr Christian will possibly come next Tuesday, but I have given up on the idea of anything being helpful on that level. I have my faith, but it no longer includes the church. He knows where I stand. I just hope to offer him another point of view to consider. It looks like he is considering it. Nothing good will come of this, other than sharing my disappointment with religion. At least I tried, that much I can alway hang on to. But it’s been a huge knock back.

The spotlight sale while I'm feeling down is dangerous @Maggie 😆 I keep telling myself whatever it takes to get through is what we need to do. I can't see myself being OK at the end of this without some escape and the machine is my escape at the moment. I have a feeling you get that.

Tech stinks sometimes :face_with_rolling_eyes: So so glad you have counsellor to support you through the challenges. Hows the laptop going?

I meant to have a wander through craft corner as I think you uploaded some pics. Sorry I didn't get there yet. Heading there in a sec.

One of mine has an infection that may need a hospital to fix it. They're on meds with a close eye on it. I don't think that's helping us at the moment as I am preparing for the need to go in. Trying not to think about it but wanted to share.

Sorry it's blue/black there for you @Emelia8 💙 It's so nice to see you again. Even in your blue/blackness that brought some colour to my day. What DP are you working on now? Is it a big one?

Yes I retired. It took a lot of thinking about but I was so well supported and well sent off 😊 Life is banana-ish and it was time.

Mr Person is doing much better now. Still far away but out of the very deep dark hole. It's a tough time for 5 million of us at the moment.

@CheerBear  I certainly do get that. And yes, do whatever it takes. Live dangerously in spotlight. Can I/we come. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Laptop hasn’t worked since I had my first ‘ try to log in’ session. 😂😂😂 I set off the burglar alarm bells on myself. You have to be Irish to accomplish some things @CheerBear 😂😂

Sorry about the infection with one. That must be super tricky at the moment. I understand trying not to think about it. 🥰🥰

I’m glad Mr Person is doing better. It sure is a tough time, that’s for sure. 🥰🥰

@CheerBear wrote:
I'm sorry to read you've had a very difficult few days @NatureLover. I don't venture beyond this thread often now, so I'm not sure what's going of for you but listening if you feel like sharing here too.

So kind of you, @CheerBear  Heart I don't want to intrude into your thread too much, and anyway, I took a very long slow morning in bed thinking this morning, and I think I feel a little bit more peaceful. I'm sorry the grocery shopping is so stressful for you at the moment - it definitely would be, with a family to feed. Pancakes are yummy, but am sad that they are also a sign that things are tough. 😞 Wishing you much good luck at the supermarket and facing the struggle that shopping has become. 

@Maggie - that's good the weather should be OK for your planting this weekend! Plants make me happy - living eager green things - so it makes me happy to think of you pondering where to put them, digging the hole, watering them in and sitting back happily to watch them settle in. I hope your pain is not too intrusive on that enjoyment for you. I have a jasmine that someone gave me that I need to plant out, too...

@Emelia8 hoping you feel those warm arms around you that your forum family are now happily able to provide again 🙂

@NatureLover  You never intrude, you are always welcome to share a little,  or a lot. We are listening and caring.

A slow morning in bed thinking is a good start. More peaceful is also.

My plants are in already and watered. There were only 5, and the patch was already dug over, so not to hard a task. I will tidy the yard later.

Jasmine is a beautiful smelling vine. I hope you find somewhere nice to plant it today.

Dropping off a coffee, just in case you need one. Lots of these for you. 💕💕

@Maggie wrote:

@NatureLover  You never intrude, you are always welcome to share a little,  or a lot. We are listening and caring.

So kind, @Maggie  - you always warm my heart, thank you. You warm my heart too, @CheerBear  and @Emelia8 .

I ought to have known you would've planted your natives already - you are such an early bird, @Maggie . (Probably you would prefer to sleep more and be less early, I realise 😞 ) I probably won't plant the jasmine today - too rainy, but it seems happy in its pot for now. I know where it will go - along the fence line, to climb up and aid with privacy. 

Thank you for the coffee and your caring heart and Hearts...I needed them this morning without realising. Sending you the warmest and gentlest hug I can, back to you @Maggie . Heart

Thanks @Maggie ... and yes, the past 6 weeks have been really hard. Dealing with consequences etc, and remaining cut off from my usual support here. The sun is trying to poke its head through the clouds here now. Creating bit of warmth for my little doggie (who I will call Abbie from now on) to bask upon the deck. No diamond painting yet, but hopefully later. It sounds as though Mr Christian is being gentle and not pushy, which is great. I'm wondering if he may be either a Mormon or a JW? Although I have found that JWs tend to be very pushy, so I'm leaning more towards a Mormon or similar. I'm sure you can both learn something from each other. The important thing is that it seems he is non threatening and has his heart in the right place. Of course you do not need a Church to maintain your faith.

Ha ha, so sorry to hear about your trials and tribulation regarding your new laptop. Being locked out is not at all nice. Hope they sort that out for you quickly, and that it doesnt happen again.

@CheerBear.. Thanks, you are very kind, and its appreciated. My Diamond Painting is a fairly large one, and I was telling Maggie about it elsewhere. Its one that reminds me of Sane forums and the members here. I chose and bought it when I was feeling really down. It offers light and a feeling of tranquility. Its of a similar style to the picture on the Lived Experience main page where there is a picture with the Good Morning thread. Only my picture has water in it, but similar plants and colours around it. I will try to post a picture of it here ... not completed of course, as I have a long way to go. But a picture of the advertised product if I can.

Sorry to hear of one of the kids having an infection. Hope it clears up without a hospital visit, but of course if its needed, then dont hesitate.

Yes I get it about life being so tough for you all down there in Victoria right now. I cannot image it myself. So far, touch wood, we are doing well. But that can change very quickly, as evidenced by the Vic situation. Life seems so very stuffed up for the whole human race right now, and its hard to see a way through it all. I am happy to hear that Mr Person is doing a little better now. Sounds like it was fairly touch and go for a while there. You did everything right, and did what you needed to in order to keep him safe. I'm sure, when things settle, he will be back.

@NatureLover... Yeah 😊 ... I have been feeling some warm caring arms and hearts as they have been extended to me upon my return. Its so nice, and I am so very appreciative of people's understanding. Really sorry to hear that you had a bad day/morning ... hope you are feeling more on top of things now.

Emelia 🌸

This is my current DP project ... Its called "Serene Creek".  

@NatureLover  I would never do this in real life. But I wanted to give you the biggest hug. So........here it is. 💕💕

93742F79-CCEA-45E4-8B52-3B1F73355E92.jpeg

@Emelia8  I’ve just seen your DP pic. That is so beautiful and peaceful. I really hope you keep this one for yourself. 

Mr Christian is not JW or Morman. He’s a church at home believer. He doesn’t like the traditional kind of church, and is in a kind of training at the moment. It’s bible based, without a lot of the shoulds and shouldn’t. His heart is definitely in the right place, and that’s possibly the only reason I give him the time of day, and a cup of tea. He’s 20 something, so I don’t want to be too deflating, though I think I’ve given him a lot to think about. The sad part for me is, the roots of Christianity I respect, it’s the people who mess the whole thing up, I really though they were changing, and I think some are, they are unfortunately few and far between. I’m also super sensitive, and pick up what most don’t, it’s not alway helpful, and can be hurtful. That was a rave..sorry.

I love the name Abbie. 🐶🐶 I hope she is doing ok. Do you still have cat visitor ?

I locked myself out of my own laptop @Emelia8 😂😂🙃🙃

@CheerBear  Leaving a very early

Did we make it to spotlight yesterday ? If we did, is there lots of colours to play with ?

@Emelia8 @NatureLover @eth @TheVorticon  and everyone 👋🏻👋🏻💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance