Re: Taking the plunge

I was just wondering @CheerBear, could you mix a bit of the stone mixture and fill the holes??? Sand back any excess. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

That's a great idea @Maggie. Maybe if I make it a bit thicker it will turn in to a kind of putty perhaps 🤔

I’ll find the video of the patching stuff @CheerBear  see what you think.

Have you tried coasters? They are fun. Spotlight have packs of 6.

Unpredictable isn’t for me @CheerBear . I’m all for controlling my environment 😂😂😂😂😂 tricky.

I thought resin would fill some tiny holes, but it didn’t work, that’s why I went hunting. Counsellor collects stones for me when she goes away for a few day to the beach. The crew would like it if it’s allowed. Some beautiful stones, and shapes.

That’s what I thought @CheerBear. Same material should go ok.👍👍

I haven't tried coaster @Maggie but that would be cool. I like being able to control things too (all the things all the time 😆).

My person plays with resin and makes some amazing things. I'll dig up something I love that they made me that's covered in resin and show you in a sec. I gave them the stone mould that I bought and won't use as it's too big. They'll make some awesome big balls with it.

So nice that counsellor collects stones for you. I'm sure the crew would enjoy going on a hunt and then probably painting them too. They are all asking for more stones to play with (and I'm twitching at how quickly my ultracal is disappearing haha 🤯).

I made more Indian food last night and played in the kitchen (and lost it). Another dal and a vegetarian korma. So many spices and smells! It was really fun (considering my dislike of the kitchen). I don't really have a bucket list but if I did 'learn how to cook Indian' would be right at the top.

Morning @Maggie @CheerBear @Sans911 ..... anyone else around 👋💕

I saw how cold it is for you right now @Sans911  ❄️

Raining here too @Maggie .

I am thinking about working with resin today.  I "took the plunge" and made my first resin thing a few days ago, which has set nicely.  I will try mixing pigments into it next, and using it like paint.

I looked up the Dahl recipe you did last time @CheerBear . It looked amazing.

Indian cooking and spices is amazing. I can smell it now. They really know their spices, quantity and what goes with what. I’m out of my depth in the kitchen. I loose control of where it’s all going. Remember the chips. 😩😩😩 You should have seen the mess. Such a simple thing one might think. But.....they do taste good, just not good enough to repeat the adventure. 😂😂💚💚

Oh wow @Faith-and-Hope , sounds amazing. Art is so creative. Something for everyone’s likes.

I hope your day has good in it, and rest. 💜💜💜

Here they are @Maggie . They used thin paper, like baking paper, to draw then stick to coasters, then did resin with layers of drawing through it. The pic does them no justice. I have a thing for weird stuff like these so I love them. 

20200520_081636.jpg

(And yes, little Rocket cat had to join in and show herself off too 😂).

That sounds very fun @Faith-and-Hope . Person also uses pigments to make the resin beautiful and sparkly 😊 Hope you enjoy!

Thank you @CheerBear ....

Wonderong whether the rainy weather here will affect the setting of it ..... ?