Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

mvdi
Casual Contributor

Unpacking. Sharing some internal thoughts.

I haven't posted here before. My name is Madi, and I have been struggling with mental illness for what feels like forever but lately I have been feeling really down and thinking some scary things.

The current crisis isn't helping. I haven't truly felt anxious for the past 5/6-ish years. But now I feel anxiety constantly. Impulse control is really difficult during these times and I find myself making some poor decisions, the repercussions of which are resulting in more anxiety.

I live with my partner, out of home, and sometimes don't feel entirely supported - he tries, but he doesn't understand so it's hard for both of us sometimes when I get into a rut and am very depressed. 

Is anyone else just feeling a constant feeling of dread, and the anxiety that comes with being powerless and not being able to do anything about it?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unpacking. Sharing some internal thoughts.

Yes, im feeling the dread and anxiety constantly. So much is changing so fast and cant keep up. Already isolated and its just getting worse.

Re: Unpacking. Sharing some internal thoughts.

@Millieme That's exactly what it is! A lot changing fast, not being able to keep up is very scary. So scared I'm going to get lost in it, on top of the fear of getting sick. The world is a scary place at the moment.

I'm not in isolation yet but have been limiting contact with the world. I go to work, I go to the grocery shop once a week, that's it. I'm getting a little stir crazy just doing that so if we go into lockdown I really fear what's going to happen to me, mentally.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance