Re: Navigating Centrelink Payments

@Mustang67 I remember when I was applying for my exemptions I was always told by numerous people to make sure the Dr ticks the box that say the medical condition is for 13 weeks, otherwise they will reject it.  Then after 13 weeks you apply again with the same thing, which is why I had to get three of them in a row.  Maybe that is a main issue with your rejections.  So ask your GP about that.  Mine was already aware of it so it wasn't an issue getting it done.

@Mustang67 wrote:

I hope your cancer is now in recession and you are on the mend. I watched my best friend go through breast cancer and sat with her a few times while having chemo. But I saw what it was like trying to deal with the side effects from the different types of treatments etc. It is such a horrible and cruel disease. 

I truly hope you have more good days ahead of you, than bad 🤗

Thanks @Mustang67, i'm doing well for now, the current drugs are holding it back for now.  Once it fails the chemo is likely next step so definitely not looking forward to the prospect of that.  Fingers crossed there's a while yet before i'm there. Chemo is definitely one of the more difficult treatments to cope with.

I'm currently doing the Long Run thing to raise funds for Prostate Cancer research. There's such a lot of exciting developments on the horizon for a lot of different cancer treatments so hopefully it will be a lot easier for people within the next few years.

Thanks for that @MJG017, I will have a look and see what she has been ticking. 

@MJG017 how long is the long run. Let me know when you do it, as I will donate and support you.

I did the **km walk for the Blackdog Institute to raise awareness for mental health back in 2020 & 2021. But these days I can't walk for more than 2 minutes without being in pain. But I am hoping in October things will start to improve. 

@Mustang67 

You're free to set you own goal and you can walk, run or ride.  I'm doing the default ***km.  September is Prostate Awareness month so it's to raise awareness and funds for prostate cancer research. So the Long Run lasts the whole month and you just add up the km's you do and try to reach your goal by then end of the month.  I started a bit late so I've only done the past 2 days and done just over *kms so far.

I cant walk very far either because of either back pain or the low blood pressure makes me very light headed and dizzy while standing, so I'm doing it on an exercise bike.  It just means I can do it for longer because I'm not standing while doing it.

I would give a link out for the fundraiser, but i'm not sure what the rules are here about that.

Well done for doing your own walks to raise funds.  It all goes to great causes so it's good to help raise some money for them.  Hopefully you'll be back up and walking in October.  Are you having something done to relieve it, or just waiting for time to heal?

@Mustang67This was the bit on the SU415-Medical Certificate I had to get filled out.  I'm assuming you have to use the same form??

Screenshot 2024-09-08 181627.jpg

It makes no sense why 13 weeks would be picked for a permanent condition but it's what I was told quite firmly.

Hey @MJG017 @Mustang67 ,

I just wanted to flag that your recent posts which provide a number in relation to kms were automatically blocked. I recognise that this is not about eating disorder behaviour, but often, when kms are discussed, it can be triggering for those with Eating disorders.

Hence, for your posts to go live, I've had to put an asterisk to remove the number of kms. Instead, you can write "several kms" etc.

@tymeOh, okay.  Sorry, I had no idea that was a trigger.

No problems. Thanks for the explanation 😊

It COULD be a trigger. So hence it's built into the system to remove numbers relating to BMI, Kms, exercise, clothing size etc... @Mustang67 @MJG017 

No stress. I've done it before.

So instead, we just use relative terms. e.g. more kms, less kms etc.