Re: Anyone here for birdwatching? And maybe bird photography!

That’s not surprising, @Former-Member  ! Bell miners are incredibly hard to spot because they’re so well camouflaged and tend to hide. I once spent half an hour trying to spot the one I heard calling - no luck

Ohhh , what a wonderful thread @Former-Member

My profile picture is a peachface parrot which the kids had found in the sandpit 

@Former-Member , @FloatingFeather 

Will be adding photos too xx 

oh wow @Former-Member, I also just saw your beautiful photo of the wren!!!

And @Shaz51, I've always wondered!!!! SO nice to put a bird-name to a bird-face!  

@Adge 

Love to see all your new feathered birds 

Have you got any new babies xxx

Just thought I’d share a little birdwatching joke!

546C84EB-BD1B-4D45-ACC5-AC39000E676A.jpeg

Hi @Shaz51 How are you?

I have several new baby Budgies, recently out of their nest.

Several Blue + one Green.

Unfortunately mostly bird losses, over the past months.

I only have 7 Goldfinches left (out of 14).

My Java Finches produced 3 babies, about 6 months ago - 2 Fawn coloured + one Pied Java Finch.

They look lovely.

Mice have been tunnelling into one aviary - Up between the Concrete Pavers (tiny gap) underneath.

I'm having a hard time, trying to keep them out.

We have one or two Black Swans in the Park (Lake) at work - Plus we saw a Western Longneck Tortoise, walking across the grass.

I've seen a Pelican in the Lake (at work), once or twice - A lovely rare sight....

Adge

@Former-Member hahah that's how I felt over the weekend! 

I was in the Castlemaine area again, and I think I saw a yellow robin BUT the sun meant I couldn't see the colours very clearly. I thought it was mostly grey with a little bit of yellow under the wings. But I can't be sure! And looking back on your Brown thornbill picture, now I'm thinking maybe it's a yellow Thornbill or yellow-rumped thornbill. I was also VERY small.

Anyway, another fun puzzle for me to solve!

I also have been hearing and seeing one lonely butcher bird near my house. It's making some beautiful calls, but there are no other butcher birds to respond. Very sad! 

And @Adge, I'm so sorry to hear of the bird loses ❤️ But you've been seeing so many other birds in the world, and your new babies sound very sweet! 

And @Shaz51, any bird adventures for you recently?

Ohh yes @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Adge , @FloatingFeather , @SmilingGecko 

Honey suckers, pew wee , miner birds, pigeons, willy wagtails,  leathernecks  are regular visitors 

Hi @Former-Member @Shaz51 

Yes, & I have new Baby Budgies in the nest now - I can hear them squeaking "Mummy Feed me"....

Adge

how lovely @Adge to have baby budgies 

@Former-Member , @Former-Member