Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

GeminiLion
Senior Contributor

Doing Good :)

Not sure who remembers me or not. That's okay. Recently Sane launch a campaign locally (professional and local content) which had me thinking about the Sane community again. 

And I came looking for the link to our Turn to Speak to see if that of any relevance to me.

Since I was here, thought of making social call in and say hello. I am doing pretty good. I am amaze how well I got through the xmas and nye period late last year.

I passed 550 days Alcohol Free yesterday. What I have started doing is putting a dollar each day aside and then milestones I buy a nice expensive (hopefully investment) coins. 

I am still alone. I don't even bother with dating apps anymore. Just gave up. Conceded I will be alone forever and pretty-much remain a teenager when it comes to relationships. Process of seperating myself from social media (I run a few pages and have thought about walking or should I say turning away). 

I have been struggling a little financially due to unexpected costs and rent rise. Worse case scenario that I would have to live with my father who I care for but would rather avoid as he does my head in at times depending how he is coping on any particular day. He takes up so much time and ends up being odd unschedule. What is 5minute task becomes 5 hours. I did consider looking for some employment for extra income but I cannot see it working out time-wise management side of things because of my caring responsiblities.

Anyway, chow. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Doing Good :)

Great job on being alcohol free. How did you do it. I struggle with drinking.

@GeminiLion  Hey GeminiLion I do remember you 😄 welcome back :). Great to hear of your success re non drinking that is quite an achievement. As @Phoenix80  said that is great!  Mybe you would like to write a bit about how you achieved it. Fingers and toes crossed that you wont have to move in with your dad.

Anyways just wanted to say hi and look  forward to seeing you around the forum. greenpea

You wanted some information. Unfortunately I wasted my valuable time. Because it deals with different issues that will help you and answer your question it was removed. So sorry. Why did I come back on here:/

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance