Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: evRe: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hey did anyone see the news- the Queen had a virtual "cuppa" (casual tele-chat) with a bunch of UK carers. First time ever for something like that.

Dunno about others, but that makes me feel "acknowledged". 🙂 Heart

And a little teary. I'm not a royalist, but QE2 has favourably impressed me on more than one occasion.

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Perhaps a bit of royal cake for ourselves might be in order @Smc 

images - 2020-06-12T144906.653.jpeg

Better bring out the good china too. 🙂

500x390.jpg

@Smc sounds like you're well on the way, good idea salvaging building materials. My 'studio' has a rubble floor with a concrete scree on it. I'm looking at quotes for a floor tiler as I'd like an interior finish, I think it will transform the space. Keep it up!

Thanks for sharing @Adge it's beaut. I can recommend Gerry Rafferty - an artist from the same era, but perhaps not as upbeat. Also definitely George Harrison's solo stuff.

@Bezak482, well on the way with the planning and "hunter gatherer" stage. 🙂 Actual building start date has eluded this burnt out carer for way to long. Which is why I'm taking encouragement from what we have been able to tackle lately.

@Smc can start small and the little things (as you've said 'hunter gatherer') offer as much enjoyment as the actual building. I had a lot of fun today raking the leaves off the driveway - 'rake-i' therapy 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc wrote:

Which is why I'm taking encouragement from what we have been able to tackle lately.

@Smc  😁😁😁

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance