Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Meet Paleofirst

Hi,

MY username is Paleofirst and I am an expat in America in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon United States.  My dream is to one day move to Australia to the Southern lands near the beautiful city of Adelaide in wine country. I know a lot about wine and I enjoy living in one of the USA's most productive and beautiful wine countries. Retiring to Australias would complete a wonderful life.  RIght now though I am young and healthy and hungry for this world. I want to become a professional poet who tours and does readings and sells books of poetry and teaches poetry as a professor at community, junior and university level college.  I want to teach in Australia. Touring the country, I have always wanted to go to Canberra and Melbourne.  I know the life of a Sydneysider but that is it. I want to get to know Australia.  Perth looks wonderful as does Hobard.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Meet Paleofirst

Hello @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

thank you for sharing your dream , it sounds realy interesting

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member - it does sound like a wonderful dream. I love where I live - the population is greater than the regions you mentioned but I love the coastline and there is "so much always going on here and to do". And has all the amenities one needs without having to travel too far. One complaint I would have is the traffic - mayhem.

I have been to Canberra and use to own a farming property down South. Canberra was interesting with its war museum and little village replica towns - but way too cold for me, as is Hobart - but is very beautiful to the eye and the food is great. I love the warmer, more temperate weather on the coast, not the tropics. There is so much natural beauty along the East Coast of Australia - would have to be my favourite place to travel together with the Great Ocean Road, Victoria. Highly recommend the latter. We loved Perth - are thinking of a holiday home there, much hotter than Sydney temps though. Adelaide is one part of the country I have not visited yet but we have friends there so may do one day.

I am sure your dreams will be realised one day - much to look forward to 

Hi Paleofirst,

what a beautiful life you have envisioned! Your writing is very engaging I am sure you are a fabulous poet.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance