Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

TW: Intense themes/potentially triggering content

Hey everyone, there's a few of us around that have spoken about their poetic streak, so I decided to create a space for folks to share their poetry!!

360_F_178140930_G7CezSPKSVdBSIgfaKzadv4yNICPaiKh.jpg

@creative_writer @tonys @tyme @Bow @Birdofparadise8 @ENKELI @Blackbird11 @Snowie @Captain24 @Shaz51 @Glisten @Patches59 @Jacques 

Please also tag anyone who might want to have a read, or share some of their own!

You're welcome to share any kind of poems or small pieces of creative writing. Feel free to share some of your darker works if you have them, so long as they still remain within the bounds of the Guidelines, and please include trigger warnings and use spoiler tags as necessary. 

Sometimes, this kind of deeper, more vulnerable form of expression can bring up some pretty heavy feelings. If you ever find yourself becoming distressed or dysregulated whilst sharing or reading along, please don't hesitate to reach out to your supports. The SANE line is full of lovely peeps who can sit with you through the darkness (Call 1800 187 263, Mon-Fri 10am-8pm). For out of hours support or for crisis, contact the following: 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247 

If in immediate danger: 000 

It's hard to be vulnerable. But seeing the deeper parts in others can give us the courage to share those deeper, sometimes very raw and emotional parts of ourselves, and see that we're not alone in this wild ride called life. I hope we can learn from each other, become closer and more connected, and find resonance in our shared human experience. I'll kick us off ~

138 REPLIES 138

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Poem I wrote as I was falling in love with my (now) ex-partner. Enjoy 💜

The drop, the keel

The groundless abyss

Pitch forth

And fold into self

The end begets,

Fractions of infinity

Form and vibration

My world contorts

Pounding twitch

Lurch and grip

It’s gravity

I fall down, I fall down

Encapsulate and keep

The depths unknown

Endless and wondrous

Ever deepening love

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

I somtimes write poetry @Jynx but more just journal. I don't think I can write it on here however.

All good @Snowie just an opportunity to share, no pressure. Thought you might enjoy reading along too - all up to you 💜

Thanks @Jynx for the invite.  May if or when my head is clearer. Spoke to BlueKnot counsellor this morning, have some things to focus on prior to my next psychologist and psychiatrist appointments

Your a good sport  @Jynx   Thankyou for going to all that trouble..    I  tend to need to "get it out".  Its  the autism.   Gotta be others.

Like a cleansing confession in a virtual church.  Always thought of the gratitude thread Like that.

My friend  Stuf Has a spot for poetry,   His is special,  but I can never remember the name of it,  and Its sacred grass.           So..  Now we have this little nest.   Thanks again kindest thoughts to others who stroll through this park.                                          

Hope you come here my friend @ENKELI ..     hi all..                                tonys

OH,   just read your poem  @Jynx   No wonder they fell in love with you.    It complex construct.

Don't know if my  little  turrets  rhymes even Qualify as poetry.       Made it my mission to come up with something for @ENKELI ..   think she needs a lift.   OK   here goes.

FLOWER GIRL.

Arranging her shafts 

of light in a vase.

Kaleidoscope  chandelier

Shimmering rays

Cinders n  fireflies

spiralling  twirls

Orchid  red  peaks  

neath her daisy  chain  curls.

Pendulous  motions

down  lantern  lit  lanes

Crystal  lead lilacs

blue  window eyed  panes

That  cry  me soft  cascades

of  cool  mountain  springs

Her  basket  of flowers 

The  promise  she  brings

Diamond  drop  dimples

Dew  eyes     my  direction

Loquacious  my  lies

sighs  the millponds  reflection

I tried  picking  flowers

but  raging  heart  storms

Reap  bitter  bile  vases

of hostile  hard  thorns

Raindrops  on  light  pools

the lonely  long   hours                      

Lamenting  the wilting                                                    tonys..  mb 1      

her   warm   bed  of   flowers...                                       23/1/24

Thankyou for  enduring.

@Glisten   @Former-Member  @SmilingGecko  @greenpea  @Jynx  @Patches59  @Snowie  @StuF 

@Shaz51  @Appleblossom   @TAB   @Historylover         Everyone who smiles when Im down,

Hope you are OK   @ENKELI             worried about you mate.

im not good at anything creative i so wish i was, painting, writing, poetry, etc. to express how i feel, i hope it is ok to post a poem i partially wrote with chatGPT to explain how i feel. 

In the silent spaces where shadows entwine,

A tale unfolds of a life, a complex design.

Separation anxiety, a relentless tide,

Pulling the heart, where emotions hide.

Anxiety, a storm within the mind,

A tempest of worry, relentless, unkind.

Tangled thoughts, a chaotic ballet,

In the theatre of the anxious, night and day.

Depression's weight, a burden profound,

A heavy cloak in which the soul is bound.

Darkness descends, a perpetual night,

Swallowing joy, leaving only a plight.

Agoraphobia, a prisoner of one's own space,

A life confined, a solitary embrace.

Walls closing in, like a tightening noose,

The outside world, a distant recluse.

In the tapestry of existence, a threadbare seam,

A life wasted, like a forgotten dream.

Moments slipped away in a sea of despair,

Lost opportunities, suspended in air.

Yet within the ruins, a glimmer may spark,

A chance for redemption, a journey to embark.

Through the pain and the struggles, a path may be traced,

A life reclaimed, not entirely erased.

For in the depths of darkness, resilience may grow,

Like a fragile flower in the shadows below.

The wasted years, a canvas to repaint,

A chance to rebuild, to reinstate.

So let this poem be a whisper of hope,

A lifeline extended, a way to cope.

In the symphony of sorrow, let a new note be played,

A resilient melody, for a life not entirely frayed.

@Jacques  write more. Don’t think about it just write. 👍🏼

Hello  @Snowie   Hope one day you share some of your stories.  The very best poems are just 

Life  stories.    People on these threads come closer to life's edge than anyone.  That edge is where 

the most vivid and real stories lay hidden.                             tonys..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance