Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

That's great that you're on to the deadline project @Mazarita. I had a little concern (not the best word - more a caring kind of thing) that you wouldn't enjoy (or worse) going off on such creative adventures if the pressure of deadlines became intense. You're pretty on to this stuff though and have that power of awareness that seems to carry you through well in many ways.

Again wishing I could see your projects and hear more about what you have on! I enjoy and appreciate the parts we do get to share with you though.

I can very much relate to the internal aspect of what goes on for you. I have a lot more tricky than I would appear to have from the outside. The front I can put on is handy in lots of ways but it also means I can feel on my own with my struggles too. It makes me wonder sometimes/often how much more there is to people, even people close to us, than we get to see!

Morning @greenpea 🙂

Great to see you too, @greenpeaWoman Happy

How are you this morning? Is a walk on the cards?

So true about how many of us there might be who are so good at putting on effective social masks, while struggling with craziness inside ourselves. Sometimes I think it might be that I am too proud to let people know the real me. It's been said to me before that I conceal a lot about myself from other people in the real world. It depends on the situation though. In some cases, I talk very openly about my struggles with mental illness. That certainly does help me feel less alone with it, even more so the space and friendship here on the forum that allows us to be more real about what's going on in our lives. 

Thanks for your interest and curiousity about my creative stuff. Means a lot to me. Heart

Only just saw the message above @Mazarita. I think the real you would be a pretty great to know you (you are a pretty great to know person!). I can see how pride might come in to wanting to conceal the inside you at times. I wonder how much not wanting to show that inside you plays in to your anxiety around social situations.

I think I'm afraid of letting go of my mask at times as it keeps me in control of myself in a way. By allowing myself more freedom to outwardly be how I can be inside, I worry it would kind of be giving myself free rein to be bananas. For me it maybe is less about the fear of others and more a fear of myself 🤔 Love the food for thought that often pops up during sunrise cuppas here 🙂

Thinking you might be offline now as the sun has well and truly made her way up. Getting a morning message from you and your company has been a great start to my day. Hoping the day goes well for you, me and all from here ❤

Hi @CheerBear, no worries about the delay in response. I see now that I didn't tag you in that message. In any case, I fell asleep in the armchair between posts, have only just awoken again. So I wasn't waiting, but it could well have been you if I'd tagged you as I intended!

Better head back to bed now. So great to see you again this morning. Heart Woman Happy

Good morning @Mazarita @CheerBear @greenpea

Even if I missed the moment, it's really nice to read your extended chat this morning Maz and CB  and get a better sense of what's going on for you both.  Maz it feels like you're a powerhouse of creativity at the moment.  That must feel so much better than when you were sleeping 18 hrs a day, even if you're not getting that much sleep now.  Sometimes the first few weeks of an upswing my thinking is that I've plenty of sleep 'banked' from the long periods of sleeping more overall  (or in my case at least being in bed for up to 13 hours just to get 8 or 9 hours of sleep and then being groggy the first few hours of the day.)  

A couple of days ago I got out my writing journal in anticipation of the creative writing workshop I want to do, but I haven't even opened it yet.  Really hoping the workshop will kickstart me again.  It was scheduled for next Monday but they say they haven't got the numbers they need so it's likely to be postponed.

CB hope your day is peaceful and pleasant with the kidlets.  They sound like they have plenty of fun things to do even when you need to stay at home and take it easy.  

@greenpea  I was posting those pics earlier for @Adge who wanted some ideas about what guy hippies wear.  Looking back, most of them are totally cliched and out of date, but a few of them more up to date.  I got on a roll posting them and found a few that were total eye candy to me.

Hope the day is starting nicely for you both as well, and anyone else passing through here today - hope any plans come to fruition and that those who need time out get it.

Thinking of you in particular @outlander - hope your foot is improving and that you're not too inundated with the kids in these last couple of weeks of school hols.

I slept in til nearly 10 after taking a prn when I was up earlier.  Still in fits and bursts, but more of them than usual.  No plans for today.  I've been realizing that when I first started having the support workers 3 days a week it was huge for me, the busiest I'd been for some years, but now that I'm in the swing of it I don't need 4 days a week at home doing virtually nothing.  On here and fb all morning and then tv all afternoon most of those days.  Becoming aware that I could probably handle sws another 2 days of the week and looking for activities in the community to join.  So I've asked for extra support when I saw my coordinator of supports on Friday.  At least a half day on Mondays so I can go to learn bridge each week and possible some hours on a friday as well, maybe a 2nd tai chi class.  Plus some occasional one-off days for things like the writing workshop or an art workshop at the womens centre that's coming up.  I still want to keep Thursday free after psychologist on Wednesdays  and Sunday free to maybe do something with family.   So that's my rave for today ....

Again, best wishes to all for a satisfying day xxx  

Those Hippie outfit (clothes) pictures were great.

Thanks @eth I loved the colours, floral patterns & styles etc.

The one thing I cannot easily do is grow or have long hair - which seems to be a compulsory hippie thing.

Long hair on women is great, very attractive.

The one or two times (in my entire life) that I've ever tried to grow my hair even a tiny bit longer - I've got so annoyed with it, that I've cut it straight off again.

I've had "crew cuts" (no.4 with clippers) my entire life - a hard habit to break.

AdgeSmiley LOL

A very good morning to @Adge@Mazarita@eth@CheerBear@CheerBear@TAB@Exoplanet@Sophia1 (who I am missing) and everyone 🙂

Eth I just wanted to say a big thankyou about getting me hooked on Harrow I am now addicted to this show :D. Will be finishing off the 1 series today. Looking forward to you future recommendations. Love greenpea xxxx

Morning @eth @CheerBear @Mazarita @greenpea ans everyone

Good morning all.  Hope today has started nicely for you all.  Too many for me to tag today but you know who you are!

@Adge  long hair is not compulsory!!!  A big aspect of 'hippiedom' is being free and comfortable, whatever choices you make.  @Mazarita  might like to join this conversation too.   Hi @Mazarita!!

@greenpea glad you've enjoyed it.  I'm pretty sure there'll be another series.

Heading out with SW again to water tai chi today.  Always look forward to it.  have another hour or so after that that I haven't planned yet.

Hi to you too @outlander  Hope things are going better for you and that your foot is healing.  Heading off-line now but hope to chat in the near future.

Have a good day all xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance