Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

💜 to all here @eth @CheerBear @Mazarita @Adge and all passing through Smiley Happy

Hey @CheerBear  and @Zoe7 

I have my 2nd bridge lesson at the bridge club this morning.  Early start for me - getting picked up at 9am - going there via Shebah ride and getting a lift home with some other players afterwards.  They will most probably drop me off around the corner from home - doesn't sound like much when I write it but THIS IS HUGE for me - I'll be walking home alone.  It will be the farthest I've gone walking by myself in over 2 years.  Then cooking for 5 at the end of the day.

What do you both have on today?  

Morning @Zoe7. Hope work is good for you today 🙂

@eth that's awesome to hear! Sounds like you're in a really great place as far as trying out new things and stretching yourself beyond your normal. How much of you being able to do these things do you think has been influenced by the support you receive through the NDIS? (Just out of curiosity and only if you'd like to share 🙂).

I'm not sure what today looks like for me. I have some bills to pay and a couple of emails to write but aside from that there isn't anything I really need to do during the school hours as I did a lot of it yesterday. I'm tossing up between crocheting some more squares for a blanket or sitting by some water with my fishing rod for today. Tough 😉

@CheerBear  There have been recent reviews of my progress towards goals and planning of the next steps to take but that's not what's prompted the changes lately really.  It's been more because of the coordinator of supports going on leave without telling me and so I've simply had to brave up if I was going to get to the new activities that I wanted to do that have started already this year.  And even since she's been back she's been unable to find a support organization that will provide a sw to get me to and from things that I don't need them to stay with me for.  e.g. the creative writing workshop, the craft workshop, the bridge lessons.  I just didn't want to go on spending at least 4 days a week holed up in the cabin.  So I've basically stepped up from 3 days out to 5 days out each week.  It's a pretty big step.  Last week found me wondering if I'd bitten off more than I could chew, but that feeling only lasted 1 day thank goodness.

👋💕🌷 @eth  @Zoe7  @CheerBear @Mazarita @Adge ..,,, anyone else around .....

👍🎉 @eth .... go you ❣️

On the run .....

Have a good day @Faith-and-Hope  x

It's bonkers the way that happens @eth. Sometimes I wonder whether they do this kind of thing to almost prove that we can do things ourselves. I need a certain type of support that I'm not getting at the moment and I worry that they'll turn around with a 'well you did it so clearly you don't need it' type attitude 😏 What they miss is the toll it takes to do it and how 'doing it' looks more like frantically scrambling and messing things up to get there and is a million times harder than it needs to be! Grrr vent over!

Still go you though. Hope it works out wel for you today ❤

Hope your day has good @Faith-and-Hope

Good morning @eth @CheerBear 

Good morning everyone.

Adge

Good morning @Faith-and-Hope 

Good morning @Zoe7 & @greenpea 

I hope you have a good day.

Adge

@eth  A work day for me today - my first Monday with classes and most of them new classes. I had a really good day - spent more than half the day with one class and actually felt useful - really enjoyed it Smiley Very Happy

@Adge @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope Hi to you also. Hope you have all had a good day.

@CheerBear Did you crochet some more squares or go fishing - 2 completely opposite things that both would be very relaxing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance