Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

No photo description available.

Lol @oceangirl

I love these types of memes

Thanks for the laugh @oceangirl 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning all .. @Zoe7 @Sam3 @Flying_Hams @oceangirl @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope ... and any others.

Sam, I hope things are improving for you. Not long now before you have the sanctuary of work in which to immerse yourself.

Zoe, back to work today after your long weekend. Hope the energy levels have risen again after being sick on Saturday. Today will be your first teaching Tues at the school, so a new timetable to test out, and new kids to meet. 

Enjoy your day everyone.

Sherry 😀

Hi @Zoe7 , hope your day back at work was ok & you're feeling better. Hope the people at work were nice, that's so important to me.

Hi @Former-Member , @oceangirl hope you're having a good day today. hi @Sam3 - what kind of work will you be doing? are you excitied & looking forward to it?

I had my first job interview in years today. I made the best effort I could so fingers crossed, I was so nervous I'm still just calming down from it.

@BryanaCamp  I think it is wonderful that you had your first interview in a long time - that shows that you have come a long way and you got through it. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you but even if you don't get the position it is still wonderful that you made it to the interview and I am sure did a great job. Let us know how it goes Hon Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member  @Faith-and-Hope @Sam3 @Flying_Hams and all following along...

My first Tuesday at the new school - it was a good day. I worked with some students today and have a better idea of what I will be doing with some of them each week. I will be working a fair bit with an autistic boy in grade 4 and he is absolutely gorgeous. I fell in love with him instantly. We will be doing a lot of reading but Mondays will be Science as well - so I am very much looking forward to that.

We had a PD session after school and I felt comfortable enough to be part of that - the staff there are really lovely and I feel like I fit in which is so important. Smiley Happy I do feel like this is going to work out and a lot of those first week nerves are going. There is still a lot that I need to learn - especially some programs they use that I am not familiar with - but we are going through some of those next week.

It is great being so close to home as I am home early even after extended days like today when we have PD. Toby was beside himself when I got home - jumping and spinning around with a smile on his face - he was so happy I was home. Cat just wanted her dinner but she did get a few pats first.

I received a message from the old Principal on Friday apologising that they overlooked the gift we all get when we leave the school - I was really upset about that last year as I had put my money in for over 10 years and yet received nothing (not even a card) when I left - it made me feel very invisible and just confirmed why  wanted to leave. Apparently there is a gift coming home with my mother - I am not too fussed about the gift (that in itself is not important) - it was the fact that after so many years there that there was no acknowledgement of everything I had done for the school in that time. I know the rest of my family were very upset about it all as well. I sent her an email over the weekend to inform her of where I was and how happy I was to be there. The best decision I could have made to leave that school despite not having my own class - maybe that will come next year but for now I am fully commited to doing this role I have and I think I may even like doing it Smiley Very Happy

🌐 🎶 💃 .... happy dance for you @Zoe7 .

I was so sorry to hear about the treatment you received at your former school, and soooo pleased when you asked to be placed somewhere else, despite how traumatic that was for you.  Sometimes we just have to move on.

I haven’t been able to bring myself to go back to our former family doctor back in he west when we have been there.  I had tried so hard to get through to them how unwell my mr. is, and felt very betrayed about not being believed or supported, especially as my youngest two fell into mh issues across that time.  I learned last week that mr. has returned to seeing that dr, I think instead of seeing the new one he had here .... and I am wondering too whether that is because the new one here started saying things that he didn’t want to hear ?

I may never know, but maybe the “old” doctor will be the one to bring about a diagnosis, and redeem himself with us in the process.  I hope so.

Still happy-dancing for you .... and I hope that “old” principal was squirming with embarrassment that they even forgot to present you with a farewell gift ..... meaning that they even failed to farewell you properly .... and now the gift doesn’t mean what it is supposed to have, even though they are ticking the box that it is done ....  

How ridiculous they made themselves, which has now been magnified by how beautifully and appreciatively you have been received in the new school, by much more decent folk ❣️

I did suspect you would have been angry at the way I was treated last year and despite you not being here to talk to about it I knew you would be backing my decision to leave @Faith-and-Hope  We had a paper to read on school culture before our PD today and I made a comment that it is nice to be in a school that has a positive culture - that was a dig at the previous school just as much as it was me saying how wonderful I think this new school is. The more I get to know people and the processes in place the happier I am feeling - some of those self-doubts are dissipating somewhat. I am feeling much more confident in saying that I can't do some things and had an offer today from someone to help me learn in an area that I am not confident in - so that was lovely to be able to openly say and receive such forthcoming support.

I made a point in the email to the previous principal of saying how happy I was with the new school - it was both a pointed comment in my own way to say I was glad I had left that school and super happy with this new one. I too hope she was squirming a little - she definitely doesn't know how to deal with people and we all know it was handled very badly so I can now move on and enjoy where I am.

Going back to the old doctor is yet another indication that Mr. knows there is something not right but is too stubborn (and that is the nice way of putting it) to admit that he is unwell.  I hope this doctor can see through what he presents as and can get to a diagnosis for you all. The really sad thing is that it may actually take a major fall for Mr. and his doctor to be able to recognise and identify what is really going on for him and all of you will suffer in that process. Much love and many hugs for you Hon. This is so very hard for you and your baby dragons Smiley SadHeart

Hey @Rockpool  Saw your support there and suspect you have a smile on your face knowing how well things are going for me right now. There is still a lot I need to have organised and many things about the new school I am gradually learning but it is all very positive so far - so glad I made the decision to leave that other school and I don't miss the kids as much as I thought I would - maybe that is because of how the school was run as well - so pleased to be out of there and somewhere where everyone is so supportive and easy to get along with.

Hey @Zoe7 ,

Haha how could you tell? Smiley LOL It did bring a smile to my face and is genuinely so lovely to hear.

Despite having things to organise which will fall into place in time, I'm so glad that the decision to move schools has been a positive one for you and that you are working with students that you enjoy. So great that the new team is supportive and easy to get along and sounds like somewhere you will be valued and appreciated which makes the world of difference! 

Image result for so happy for you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance