Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

Feel more relaxed with a scotch @Zoe7 On my own tonight. 

I hope you sleep well tonight 

😴

Hope you can get some sleep yourself tonight @Former-Member Time for me to sign off. Good night Hon - catch you tomorrow Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Nighty night @Zoe7 😴🦋

Nah @Former-Member nicht gut, nicht schlecht no positive diagnoses just guesses still despite tests so it possibly really bad but will have to wait and see they want me to get scans on elbows before referring me for rheumatoid arthritis inflammation was off the clock everything else ok including uric acid re gout he just said thiks I have it well I said yes it hurts but nothing like people who have it habe told me. He wouldn’t prescribe anything for it tho despite claiming I have it. Yay I need a new dr

Goodnight @Zoe7 Hope your sleep is nightmare-free & long 

Glad you’re feeling more relaxed @Former-Member. My 17 yo has just left for a driving lesson with my husband (apparently I don’t give enough instructions - fancy me not talking enough!?!)

Former-Member
Not applicable

It’s hard finding a good doctor @TAB I’m still looking   Given up. I just ask for sleep meds and prns. Had trouble getting them at one stage.  doctors were reluctant to give them out. Finally I found one who can see I’m not a druggie. I’ve lived this long without overdoing it ever. I totally don’t look at all like a druggie. 

It sucks when you don’t get anything to help pain. 

Ugh. Driving lessons @Sam3 I’m totally over it. How are you tonight. Sooooo humid here. 

Unfortunately I'm quite depressed & anxious atm. 

I'm not sleeping very well. I think sleep is the biggest factor atm. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @oceangirl what’s happening. 🌷

Former-Member
Not applicable

By the way. What’s gout @TAB 

Hi @oceangirl I’m really sorry to hear that. Do you think there are contributing factors to you feeling worried & low atm? I find it hard to accept when my mood is low because there’s often suffering involved but I’m try to accept things more even when they’re unpleasant. Doesn’t make it much easier, but it’s probably easier than telling myself “I shouldn’t be like this”. What do you find helps (if anything) at the moment? Sending you comfort amidst the crappiness (grammar alert @Flying_Hams

@Former-Member I concur with you that doctors with competence, empathy & mental health experience are not easy to find.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance