Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kit888
Casual Contributor

I don't think I can keep going

I've been struggling for a while now and have repeatedly tried reaching out for help from services whom don't seem to want to help, as well as participating in different treatments but no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to escape this hole.

I'm exhausted, I hate feeling like this, I can't cope with everything going on in my life It's all to much for one person. I really don't think I can do it anymore

16 REPLIES 16

Re: I don't think I can keep going

Hey @Kit888,

I'm one of the moderators. I'm really sorry to hear that you have been struggling for a while, and doing the hard work of reaching out and trying different treatments, and feeling like this is not making the difference that you need. 

It's so brave to reach out here and let people know that you are not feeling okay. I hope you find the forums a really supportive place. Because it sounds like things are so tough and you're feeling like you can't do it anymore, I'm going to send you an email to check in with you too. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Take care and keep reaching out, 

Tortoiseshell Heart

Hi @Kit888 

I am glad that you have found us and reached out - and I would like to welcome you to the forum family - it's good to meet you

If you are feeling really so bad you don't think you can keep going there are a couple of things that can be suggested to try - though maybe you already have

You could try your GP and get a referral for help - 

Or you can ring a crisis line - Life Line is 13 11 14 - and there are others listed elsewhere in the website

Here we are a peer support forum so we know how hard it can get when we are feeling so bad and finding it really hard to get support - and we support each other here - not only can you find support while searching for professional help you can access our Social Spaces and form social contacts here and get to know people better

All the best with your search and I hope you are able to find help - it is there but hard to access at times

Dec

I feel you. Do you want to talk more about what's going on in your life?

Hey huni, you're just having more of a bad day than usual.  I think with the cumulative effects of getting turned away and feeling like you can't cope is quite normal.

But no, you're going to keep on going.  And you are going to see better days. Sometimes we keep doing things the same way only getting the same results.

<sending warm hugs>

I hope that you will find the strength to just wait things out and to find more hope.  I think you just might be feeling a bit sensitized right now and your environment is having a negative impact on you.

Try and get out of the house for starters and just be around people.  Some days we are more resilient than others.  My guess today is the last straw.

I think for now just have something soothing like a warm cuppa, put on some aromatherapy etc...anything that warms your soul and makes you feel happy 🙂 

I think you will get through this because you want to and you are reaching out now to people at SANE.

Be determined to have a good nights rest and put your best foot forward tomorrow. 

The moderator here has contacted you by what she said so you will have direct facilitation with a professional which is good

I hope you feel encouraged by this.

You also have all of us here! 

Anyway you take care of YOU and make yourself a priority.  Focus on lots of self care and just try to get out of the stinkin' thinkin' for now.

Sending love and hugs

There has just been one thing on top of the other for some time now and I'm worn out. I left a dv relationship but have a 1year old so so I have to See him and majority of the time he is horrible to me, puts me down, bags out my mental health etc.

My son is sick, he was born with a bad kidney and has been in and out of hospital since birth, a week before xmas he had to undergo his 2nd surgery because they thought he may have had Hodgkins lymphoma, xmas eve night i got a call saying the hospital where he had the surgery found suspicious cells and said hodgkins lymphoma could bot be excluded so the sample was sent to another hospital who aslo said there is abnormal cells but "might" be a virus, so the doctor now is waiting 3months and in thr process my son has lumps in his neck that are continuing to grow, so naturally im worried sick and wondering how if they arent certain why they are waiting?

I have reached out to numerous services that are suppose to help me with my mental and other services that are suppose to be more practical with help for my son, all of them have let me down, one rarely contacted me and when i eventually got my gp to ask for a new person they got rid of me out of the service, since then ive been referred back for them to reject my referral, another service would make appointments to come to my house but would never show up and I would always have to chase them up for them to give me the same excuse of them being at trainging, which you know would be fine if they had the decency to cancel/reshedule the appt rather then making me waste my day repeatedly waiting on them, there is a few others as well. I have tried medication and 2months ago was convinced to do tms so i did, even tho i hated it i stuck it out for the 40 sessions but unfortunately it didnt work and im left feeling like a failure and that i will always feel like this.

12months ago I was also diagnosed with multiple blood clots in my lungs and was put on blood thinners, in Sept last year I was told they were gone but remained on treatment. Well 2 weeks ago I was feeling off so I went to the Dr who order a chest scan which confirmed I now have another New clot in my lung despite being on meds still. I am scared of it killing me and dying a painful/suffering death. My anxiety is through the roof and I am constantly having panic attacks. I am really worn out, I just want a break from all the chaos!

hey hun, 

I have been where you are and I'm still travelling the road. It's digusting that some services have let you down or not bothered with you at all. I had the same thing happen to me when i tried to get help for my brother she remarked how Im doing ok as i had so many cars in the driveway she was quite rude actually. what does it matter what you have or what you dont have and was told by her the girls would laugh if she asked them to help me with cleaning the house. you can make a complaint either through them or the medical ombudsman.I'm so sorry to hear about your son and that makes it harder to cope with day to day things.your ex partner has the problem not you and he only puts you down so he can feel better about him, you are stronger then you think you are, but it sounds like you need some time out and a good rest do you have someone who can take your son for a night or two? 

Ohhhhh @Kit888 , thinking of you lots today and your family 

are you ok xxx

we are here for you my friend '

hello @SnowWhite , @SmilingGecko , @unicorn-girl , @Owlunar 

Thanks @Shaz51 ,  but I'm really struggling today :

Hello @Kit888 

we are heere if you want to chat 

also we have the Sane chat line 

@Former-Member , @SnowWhite , @SmilingGecko , @unicorn-girl , @Owlunar 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance