Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

cerseigirl
Contributor

I'm sick of bipolar dominating my life and don't know how to keep going

I just got out of hospital yesterday and I don't really feel better than when I went in. I needed to leave for uni and was desperate to get out of there after a month. Everything in life just feels so meaningless and I've completely lost hope. I'm trying to adjust my medications myself which I know isn't good but I don't know what else to do. My thoughts are getting dangerous but I'm still safe for the moment. My psychiatrist is trying to fit me in but I don't know when that will be. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow but all I can think about is getting more medication from her. I'm just so lost with feeling like this.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I'm sick of bipolar dominating my life and don't know how to keep going

Hey @cerseigirl,

It is completely understandable to be feeling the weight of hopelessness right now, especially just after coming out of hospital. Good on you for being so proactive in arranging to see your GP and psychiatrist - it isn't easy to feel motivated to do that when everything is feeling overwhelming.

I hope the Forums can be a space where you can share what you are feeling and feel comforted. We are all sitting with you and sending you our love and care.

Of course, should you feel those thoughts are escalating, please do not hesitate to reach out to a crisis service to get you through (Lifeline 13 11 14; Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467). You deserve all the support you need right now.

Take good care of yourself Heart

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon

@cerseigirl you are in a crisis situation right now and are trying to grapple with proper decisionmaking while stressed out over your bipolar.  

Its understandable. For me I use magnesium oil which calms the nervous system. It will pull me out of a high or a low.  Its documented online that its great for bipolar.

You just apply it to your skin like an oil.  I can only say in my case that it works when I have been really desperate.

Ancient Minerals or Blants are good brands as they are tested for impurities.  I buy mine on ebay.

I hope you feel better soon.

Wishing you well Heart

You're doing the right things. The only thing I would add is to permit as much self-care as possible. I don't know what that is for you but don't hold back. You need and deserve.

I have been using my time here at time to do online Zoom sessions on Bipolar issues, an excellent way to use my time in lockdown. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance