Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Infidelity and bipolar

Hey @Kreagor
Checking in ...

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for that, we have had a quiet holiday period (though it's been busy for me at work).  Mr Kreagor is going back to school - uni - which I hope will be a good thing.  We will see how that goes?  He definitely has the academic ability - just how he handles the pressure of things will be the telling thing.  I guess I worry that he will be in an enviornment - full of young women - I feel a bit insecure about it, but then I can't expect him to lead the cloistered life that he has been for ever- he needs to get out in to the world again.  I guess it comes down to trust - I don't trust him... but I take comfort in his medication - he is very compliant with his medications and eager to show me that he is commited to the process.  Time will tell.

How are things at your end?  Well I hope?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Kreagor

When one has been hurt, trust is not an easy thing to be earned back, choosing to love someone in spite of this is courageous and that involves vulnerability which is not comfortable. I do hope for you that relapse prevention strategies and early intervention if required will prevent any future misdemeanors.

Unfortunately Mr D has many factors for poorer outcomes but he presses on and is doing things around home (often very poorly), I just show appreciation for what he can do . Not sure if he could manage study - he would have loved to have done a masters but at present perhaps beyond his capability. Like Mr K he is compliant with meds and one has certainly helped eliminate suicidal thoughts for which I am extremely grateful.

I have been fortunate to be able to reduce my working hours dropping a day a week to help me in my caring role and to self care. We press on ...
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Kreagor
Checking in to see how you are going.
Former-Member
Not applicable

How are things @Kreagor?

Other side of the coin here.  I cheated.  I’ve been married 17 years.  Through marriage counseling, I began individual counseling.  Through individual counseling, I was diagnosed as bibpolar at 41 years of age.  That doesn’t excuse what I did.  I hate myself for it.  I am separated right now and alone.  I have three children, aged 13 to 4.  My actions have led to pain for all of them.   It’s 0130 am here.  It’s the nights.  It’s the nights that are going to end me.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Dark

Even in your darkness there is hope Bro. You have. 3 children who need their father, you have sought help and I encourage you to stick to treatment.  

I am assuming given the time difference you are overseas (4.30 pm in Oz when you posted) are you in America?  Fresh Hope is a support group that could be of help to you and I urge you to look them up.

https://freshhope.us/find-a-group/

@Dark

It's a difficult thing to get through, I think that being able to understand why my Mr Kreagor behaved as he did helped me to get passed what happened... It's been a year now since his diagnosis, he's stayed on his meds and we live a very quiet life.

Good luck to you, keep talking don't give up.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I've been wondering how you are getting on @Kreagor. I was far more emotional than I thought I would be at the 1 year mark, emotional wounds can be oh so deep. 

Hope all are doing well.  Just wanted to drop and quick thank you to the community.   Friday night was...rough.   You lot got me through.  Much appreciated.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance