Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Little_Leopard
Senior Contributor

Looking for some cheer and support

I am well into the first stage of spiralling into crisis. So reaching out for support from others who get it.

Anyone care to tell me a hilarious joke?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Looking for some cheer and support

Awwww @Little_Leopard ,

I'm so so so sorry to hear this. You have been doing so well. 

I'm not really good with jokes, but have you visited our The Ice-Memery ? Let me know if that helps.

I want to be able to support you as much as possible.

Content/trigger warning
Hey @tyme 

I feel like my supports are falling apart. I finally got some really good therapy but they are goals based and only last like 6 months. It’s nearly over and NDIS are not funding me for therapy even though it’s to maintain my functioning.

my Little parts feel abandoned and  it feels like Foster are again. I love my new supports and I can’t cope with loosing them. I didn’t think NDIS would mean loosing the most important support in my life and also being left with so little mental health support 

plus’s the planner was very gate keeper ish and was overly restrictive with my funding. I’m going to have to request a review. Feels like case management. The process is traumatising and humiliating. I just want support. I’m not asking for a trip to Spain. Just want the disability supports.

oh Thanks for sharing. I love memes. I’m definitely going to be making my way through this tonight!

thank you for caring so much. And wanting to help. It means so much to me!

Thank you for your post @Little_Leopard ..

I will never forget you. Enjoy the memes and I'll check-in with you tomorrow too.

@Little_Leopard  I really feel for you, with your supports being withdrawn. Good luck with the review... 🤞

Thanks @tyme   wow those are powerful words. Such kindness thank you. 

I am trying to surround myself with h supports and implement my safety plan but I struggle with coordination and get lost in my ways.

those memes are great! Haven’t fun still sifting through.

i noticed a content warning in my post. Is there something I should have done like a trigger warning? Want to make sure I’m doing the right thing and definitely don’t want to accidentally put anyone else at risk

@NatureLover  Thanks for your understanding. It means a lot that you get it .

Hey @Little_Leopard ,

How are you this morning?

Had a really rough day @tyme . I had to see a GP to look into the possibility of using medication to stop / slow my escalating. My usual GP’s were not in so I had to take what I could get and book in at the old clinic I went to.

the GP I saw was horrible and treated me like I was disgusting. Completely disregarded my diagnosis of DID and instead gave me anti psychotics. Would not listen to me and made feel like I was a stain on society. My poor little internal parts got so hurt because the GP essentially called them a psychotic disorder. Poor little babies are so afraid of the outside word. Being called a psychotic symptom / mental illness by an GP and given medication to “get rid of them” was absolutely gutting.

I got sent a feedback form after and left appropriate feedback. Probably won’t get taken seriously considering they don’t seem to respect people with chronic  psychosocial disabilities. Never the less, I still spoke my mind about their behaviour and how it affected me. They asked for my feedback, I gave it.

It was definitely not what I needed. Anyway I ended up seeing a support worker who did some breath work and talking to me. She has really good transference and I am she helped to calm my littles down and to feel safe. That’s what I needed. I needed to feel safe. That’s what my nervous system needed

so I’m ok now. Feeling like I need to just lay a round and veg for a few days and keep safe and re energise.

To be honest I’m not really happy with my other usual GP either so I think that one of the next things in my to do list.

how are you @tyme  whats news

OMG, I am so sorry that happened to you @Little_Leopard ! That is totally callous 😢

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance