Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fluttershy1
Senior Contributor

Nightmares

Does anyone struggle with really bad nightmares and they can't sleep because of them? I am currently struggling with them and it's making me really anxious. I feel like it's all real. I'm panicky when I wake up etc. 

If anyone can relate please reply to it. 

7 REPLIES 7
Fioleta
Casual Contributor

Re: Nightmares

Hello, I get nightmares most nights and I don't want to sleep because of them, but do anyway. I have PTSD and was told trauma counselling could help with them. I also take medication for it, but so far, it does nothing.

Hi

yes, i also get nightmares. i cant move when i wake up and it always feels like still the bad things happening but awake and frozen. doesnt seem to get any better sometimes i think if i could just sleep things would be 40/50% better. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Fluttershy1 

I have very vivid nightmares , l get to a point where l am locked into my dreams and cannot wake up unitl l see all that will happen.

I am not scared of what l see l just think its alot with my anxieties and being parinoid alot.

I see my self being abducted and taken to a forest scenery where l wake up to being tied up to 2 trees by chains and handcuffs.

I can smell the rain and the wet ground , the mulch underneath my feet.

I am only wearing underwear and have a blindfold on. I can hear a voice of the person who has me but cannot see them.

I am attacked and l can feel the blood run free but cannot feel the pain .

I see this till HE calls my psychologist on the phone to come to save me before its too late.

I have seen this nightmare often. I fear this will happen oneday.

I never see who has me , l cannot tell by HIS voice who this person is , but they know me and want to hurt me .

Sounds pretty intense @Former-Member, I get like that sometimes. It's scary. I wake up thinking it's real. I suffer from PTSD which doesn't help. I feel like I can't escape it. It's overwhelming and upsetting @Fioleta @Millieme 

One of my mental health workers told me that PTSD can cause nightmares. Are you getting help for your PTSD?

@Fioleta - sort of 

@cloudcore - do you have any strategies for nightmares

My doctor likes TMS therapy and there are at home ones you can do. They're a bit expensive though, but if you can afford it, it's worth it as they have little side effects and different types of TMS machines treat different things such as PTSD, major depression, anxiety, sleep and chronic pain. I'm a bit skeptical though because it said something about treating autism. Autism cannot and shouldn't be treated, but maybe they're talking about severe autism where the person can't look after themselves, maybe it's possible.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance