Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: TW I’m distressed

I’m so over my depression and Ed and anxiety I’m so sad and tired and awful and I have bad thoughts 

safe reading 📖 

Mm quite a lot going on @Autumn_Leaf I am not surprised you're feeling over it all! 

I'm curious about the 'bad thoughts' - what makes them bad? You don't have to share the thoughts themselves, but just wondering if it's like, bad thoughts about yourself, about others, about the world, and what it is that feels so bad about them. 

Hey @Jynx 

they are bad cause they are scary and negative and overwhelming and awful and sad and makes me feel awful and just sucky 😭😭😭

it’s mainly about myself and how much I suck and am a failure and how I don’t like me 

Mm it's rough when we feel like our own mind is against us @Autumn_Leaf

Something that helped me immensely is learning that we are not our thoughts. Our brains are good at taking in lots of information and if it's repeated enough, we accept it as truth. If (especially when young) we're told that we're not good enough, need to do more, try harder, or have folks place high expectations on us, it can be really hard not to accept that as objective truth. But the real truth is, we are the only ones who get to define who we are, what success means, and the narrative of ourselves we want to tell the world. 

I used to absolutely loathe myself, thought myself weak, pitiful, and totally unworthy of others' love. It took time, and a lot of hard work, but I am so far from that place now. You can do this for yourself too!! It does take time though, and a good support network definitely helps. Do you have a therapist or some other kind of mental health support at the moment? 

Tysm for sharing @Jynx 

@you’ve been so helpful tysm 

I’m so sorry you’ve struggled with this as well it’s so awful and sad and overwhelming it suxs 

im here for u 

yeah I’m starting therapy next week ! 😫

thsm for the inspiration and advice and Suport it makes me feel better and less alone tysm 

Aww @Autumn_Leaf thanks hun you're very sweet. It is heavy stuff, but have hope!! The brain is not static, and everything can be worked on, changed, and healed. My big tip is practice! Learning how to respond to nasty thoughts is a skill that can be learned, and the more you practice the easier it gets. I'm glad you've got therapy coming up! I hope it's a good match, having the right therapist makes a HUGE difference. Feel free to keep us posted as you go! 

Hi @Autumn_Leaf , these feelings are often distressing and overwhelming in the moment. Some things that have worked for me. 

-A walk (listen to loud music?)
-Journaling all of my feelings out and not filtering it
-Cold shower

Hey @Autumn_Leaf  . How are you now? Is everything fine. You can share anything . Dont worry. you will be safe here. We are here for you.💓

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance