Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

EM26
Contributor

anxiety building

With all the news of further lockdown restrictions looming, I can already feel my anxiety level building and wondering how I am going to cope if i cant go absolutely anywhere. The thought of being stuck in my house, in my thoughts,in my fears is tremendous.Any tips will be welcome.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: anxiety building

@EM26 

We are all feeling it during COVID-19 and it's understandable that isolation is creating cabin fever.

I have tried to keep myself busy with hobbies and interests like art, knitting, watching my favourite tv show on Netflix, learning how to bake and cook from cooking shows and staying connected with my community groups via zoom.

I have to say that I have gone out less this time around than the last set of restrictions to stay safe. I have even been exercising at home with an exercise app.

Find hobbies or interests that you like to help pass the time. You might want to borrow an e-book from your local library.

hi @EM26

its totally understandable youd be getting anxious with everything happening.

i dont have very strict restrictions here but i limit my time out atm. I like to find some new tv shows to watch, new exercise regimes to try out, arts and crafts, reading books (jem80's suggestion of an e-book/e-reader is a good one)

also find ways to destress. maybe something like yoga and meditation

I dont want to do tomorrow

@EM26 

If you need urgent assistance please dial 000 or lifeline on 131114 or chat https://www.lifeline.org.au

I understand that you may not want to do tomorrow and it is challenging. Maybe consider watching a YouTube video or listen to some music.

maybe wrap a blanket around you and snuggle up with a book or e-book from your local library.

Keep soldiering on. If you get out of bed tomorrow and have a cup of tea. Then that's the start of a better day than the last.

Look at the here and now and not to far ahead as that's when it gets overwhelming. Hopefully we will come out of this soon.

things sound tough for you @EM26
do you want to talk about tomorrow and how you might be able to get through it?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance