Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Allergies are horrible @Owlunar im severely allergic to dust pollen and thr likes so i have to be careful.

Ah what a clever girl. It would be very sweet smelling milk for her too. Not suppose to have it though even though we often like to share with them.

Ah yeah they have to be careful with blood so have strict guidelines. Im not sure id be able to donate with all the stuff im on. I think ill stick to other donations like the charity bags i do.

Hey again @outlander - we are having a good chat today - we have covered so many topics

I am allergic to dust mites and therefore vacuum cleaners- I have had other people vacuum for me for decades - I forget when I last used a vacuum cleaner

Also there is something in trail mix that I am allergic too - I was in bed with asthma a few years back and actually had my second packet of trail mix when I saw the label warning people about a preservative - I guess I can't say the name here but that gives me asthma

and I avoid these things

I'm allergic to anti-inflammatories too - there is a whole class of pain-killers that give me anaphylaxis - I am not game to take any of those again - which is a bummer but here we are

Companion Cat has Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disorder and is one a Prescription Diet and has been since she was very young - which might be why her coat is in such good condition - these little soft balls are full of everything a cat needs but still

Chicken is something this cat craves - and I have just tossed out the remains of the chicken I bought the other day - she has had little treats from it over the weekend and when I put it in the trash this cat appeared from nowhere complaining - ooh - what a bad cat-mother I can be sometimes

Dec

We are having a good chat @Owlunar !

I cant see why you couldn't name the preservative. Your just saying your allergic to it. I dont have any food allergies thankfully nor medicinal ones though i cant have anti-inflammatories either because of my stomach issues.

Im on anti-histamines quite often because of the horses the horse feed and our other animals. Our house is also extremely dusty. Im forever cleaning it but always looks like i dont. .

Please do be very careful we dont need you getting allergic reactions esp living on your own too. I guess you would be pretty good at knowing what you can and cant have though. .

Cat is very lovley and does look soft in the pictures youve shared. So shes not allowed to have anything outside of her prescribed diet?

I'm allergic to Sulphurs @outlander and Sulphur Dioxide is a preservative in Trail Mix to stop the dried apple from getting a mould

Ironic though - I had eaten my way through one whole packet before I saw the label on the second one and I was sick in bed - I fished the first one out of the rubbish and yes - the warning was there is obvious orange letters

I take care with my allergies - there are antibiotics I can't tolerate and even the ones I can tend to upset my digestion so I am running out of things I am prepared to take

My mother and my siblings are allergic to things as well - I think it's inherited

And Cat can eat chicken - but otherwise she is not supposed to have treats - no doubt all the care she has had has given her a long and healthy life - but she is getting sooky in her old age and wants more cuddles - I hope she is not in pain because how can she tell me if she is not feeling well? It's nearly time for her shots and her claws are in need of clipping so she will be seeing the vet soon - 

And she likes to visit the vet - the girls there make a fuss of her and she loves that - she doesn't know what the outside of her cage is but when she sees the inside she resists until I get her in and then she settles and laps it all up - 

I rather enjoy a regular trip to see them too - but I don't like it at all if she is sick - that scares me - I really don't know what I would do without Cat - she will be fifteen sometimes soon - I think she was born in October and I got her between Christmas and New Year 2003 - how the time has flown

Dec

My goodness @Owlunar thats alot of allergies. I cant have gaviscon. Im not sure what is in there but it gives me astmatic symptoms and struggle to breathe and cough and splutter.
Please do be careful with what you take. At least with allergies too the drs can access them when in need of medications etc.

Wow she has had a very long and healthy life thats fo sure. I find alot of animals and people too become cuddly when they arw sick/hurt or aging. Its normal for us living beings to be like that.
Shes having regular check ups and are though and if things change they will be sure to let you know and of course if you notice anything you can always book her in.
Our pets are more than just pets to us though, they are our furbabies-our family.

Evening lil Sis @outlander. I've not been home long. I've had a read about your day. Hope you're feeling a little better now 💙❤️💙❤️💜

Evening sis
How was your day? @Sans911

Hey @outlander

My day was ok. The lady I took with me is a lovely person, but she has severe mobility restrictions & other significant health issues including mh. So it was a little challenging as I would have like to walk more, but was careful not to place too many expectations on her. Still, we got some nice photos of wildflowers, which I'll add tommorrow. We drove along the coast for a while then headed inland for a while to a monastic town well known for its bread. There were some beautiful old historic buildings which I took some photos of. We headed back towards the city, and not long after found a whole lot of wildflowers in one area. Lots of photos taken. I'll add them tomorrow as they're on a big SD card. Oh, we also stopped at a honey store on the way up, and I had honey ice-cream. I did about 6 and a half hours driving all up. I'm pretty tired atm. Didn't sleep well last night. Off sleep me now.

That sounds amazing sis. What a busy day of sight seeing youve had and im sure your friend very much apreciated the time out too. Im looking forward to seeing the pics you can share. Im.not surprised your tired. Im feeling that way too so im hoping sleep isnt to far off for me either.
I hope you sleep well @Sans911 💜 💙

You had a lot of challenges to deal with lately hun. Hugs and hugs 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕@outlander
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance