Re: Topic Tuesday // Exploring Loneliness // Tues 18 Sep, 7pm AEDT

@utopia - you've described exactly how I feel! I feel pathetic and desperate trying to organise something with them. I think that's another part of not feeling lonely - having people who want to spend that time with you, just because they enjoy your company. 

@EK1 - check out your local newspapers - or search online community gardens are a growing thing. 

Absolutely @Zoe7.  It really does take time.  It's good to hear that you're starting to enjoy the group.

@BlueBay is there anything you can think of that will edge you closer to a real connecction?

It’s hard @Former-Member I’m not sure 

Oh yeah, @utopia, I know that desperation feeling, or I chat too long with a neighbour, they end up making an excuse and hurryng away. 😞 makes me want to cry sometimes.

@Former-Member I was just speaking to a lecturer about commnity gardens today. They are certainly an under utilised method of deepening connections to yourself, your peers and the earth. Such a brilliant idea!

Well I went to my monthly MH Support Group last Saturday @Former-Member

I'm the only continuing member - so I keep on greeting new people (each time). So far, no one has come back unfortunately.

I have a Date this coming Saturday (we haven't met yet) - so that gives me a possibility for some social connection.

Adge

@Jonty8 - I know.  You want them to make you  a priority. 

I have to go and make dinner for us. But thank you everyone here and @Former-Member for moderating. I will think on what kind of group I might feel comfortable with as an alternative to volunteering somewhere. (thanks one and all!)

My strategy isn't something I can do immediately.  But it's something I definitely want to do.  I'm moving (again) in two months.  And this time I'm going to get to know the neighbours.  I'm going to propose a monthly get together.  Gulp.  Sounds very bold when I write that down.  And who knows if we'll even like each other!  But I'm sick of not knowing the people around me and it'll only change if I take action.  Another gulp.