Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Phoenix_Rising
Senior Contributor

Neurofeedback

Hi all,

I am feeling excited because I have found a place in Sydney which offers neurofeedback under the ATAPS program...meaning I can do 12 sessions of neurofeedback a year. I have previously done a little bit of neurofeedback, but stopped because my psychologist at the time wasn't very supportive. That time, I started to get really weird dreams after about 5 or 6 sessions. It is something I have always wanted to have another go at. To me, things like neurofeedback and EMDR are the future of treating trauma. It actually works on the physical structure of the brain...which appeals to this little Aspie Turtle far more than sitting around talking about stuff. I want to heal my brain. I don't want to "live with" the trauma, I want to HEAL it...and all the current research regarding the neuroplasticity of the brain suggests this is entirely possible. Even if I can just heal it enough to be able to concentrate better, that would really help me to try and create some sort of a life worth living. I'm excited. Smiley Happy

105 REPLIES 105

Re: Neurofeedback

Hey @CherryBomb, I saw you floating around the forum so I've tagged you here because I'm super excited and I want to share my exciting news with someone. Hmmm...now that I've tagged you, I may as well also tag @utopia, @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Former-Member. Um...I'm pretty sure I've forgotten someone. Smiley LOL

Former-Member
Not applicable

I've been doing a lot of research into neuroplasticity and it's connection to mindfulness and ACT.  I'm not familiar with the neurofeedback aspect of it.   So I guess I need to go type on google 😛

Oops  @Phoenix_Rising

That's so great @Phoenix_Rising ..... ❣
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Phoenix_Rising  hey are you open to questions about this or you just sharing that you have it accessible?  Cos at first glance I have a gazillion questions. 

🗃

Oooooh, what is it, what is it, @Phoenix_Rising?!

I'm always excited for exciting news. Smiley Very Happy

Edited: I just read your post above the one you tagged me. AMAZING news, congrats. Yay! Double Yay!!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

OH WOW !!! so exciting @Phoenix_Rising 

im soo happy  and excited for you!, When do you get to start?

Former-Member
Not applicable

http://www.eeginfo.com/what-is-neurofeedback.jsp

@Former-Member this might help you answer some of those questions 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member  umm no not really... but thank you anyhow 😄

Former-Member
Not applicable

not a problem @Former-Member Heart

maybe @Phoenix_Rising can answer what you need to know  Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance