Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

Tornup
New Contributor

Battling BPD

Hi there I'm new here. 

I've have been diagnosed with ADHD with BPD tendencies. I had a complete mental breakdown requiring hospitalization a few months ago and things haven't gotten any better from there really. I've been displaying horrific BPD symptoms towards myself and my partner. I've been experiencing the rage episodes, paranoia and splitting. I've seen a psychologist and been put on medication which doesn't seem to be working for me. I am absolutely devastated about how this is affecting my partner and I just want to be able to work through this and get better. Any advice would be amazing 

3 REPLIES 3
Ru-bee
Peer Support Worker

Re: Battling BPD

Hi @Tornup 

I just wanted to pop by and welcome you to the forums. 

I hear how hard it's been managing these BPD symptoms and how it's put a strain on you and you partner. While I don't have lived experience of this myself, I know that many of our members do and that you are not alone in this. 

I'm sure some of our wonderful members will be by soon to share their experiences and offer any guidance they're able.

Glad to have you as part of the forums community

-Ru-bee

Hey @Tornup 

Welcome to the forums! I know my local mental health service has a DBT group, by any chance does yours? DBT has shown to be helpful in a situation where someone has BPD or BPD tendencies. Or perhaps your psychologist could run through some DBT skills with you if you were interested. Good on you for being insightful into your condition. 

Hey @Tornup ,

Welcome to the forums. 

I wanted to check in to see how things are going for you now. 

I read that things haven't been the easiest. I have BPD. I just want to say that BPD is totally treatable. You deserve to get the support you need. I hear how much it is hurting you to see how things are affecting you and your partner.

I look forward to hearing how things are going for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance