Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Be-free
New Contributor

Being new here I'm curious on how this forum has helped you?

Hi I'm a Newbie here just thought I'd say hi. Looking forward to communicating here with like minded others👍

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Being new here I'm curious on how this forum has helped you?

Hey @Be-free and welcome to the forums 🌞

To answer your question simply - these forums saved my life (more than once).

The longer version - without the support of members, moderators and staff at SANE, I would not be here. For many months, when I was at rock bottom, I received 24/7 support from all those people (at different times). They held me up and held out hope when I had none, they sat with me when I could not see any future and listened when I needed connection. 

I am very fortunate to now be in a better place and hopefully be able to hold out that hope and support others. I know first hand how these forums can change lives and the very real connections we make with others to be able to learn from their own experiences and walk side by side in friendship. 

Thankyou so much @Zoe7 for your prompt reply and sharing hope for my future conversations. I'm very pleased the forum has had a positive impact on your life😊

Hi @Be-free 

Welcome to the Sane forums.

These forums have helped me a lot. It gives me a chance to talk to people with similar life experiences who understand what I am going through. It gives me support between seeing my professional supports. It is really give and take. Sometimes I need the support of the forums and at other times I can help support other members.

You will always find someone to talk to.

@Be-free I hope they have the same/similar impact on you too. There is a real community of caring, supportive people here and once you find your 'people', it really can be life changing. Take your time to have a look around, jump into some conversations and intriduce yourself. If you have any questions then feel free to tag myself or other Community Guides and hopefully we will be able to help.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance