Re: Taking the plunge

Morning @Maggie and hi to everyone 👋

How's your day started off @Maggie?

It’s going to be a slow one today @CheerBear 

How is your day looking?

Is it a long training day today?

Good morning and thanks @Maggie - the temperature has really dipped here this week, even during the day. So I'm holding my coffee cup a little tighter to feel the warmth.

Morning also @CheerBear @eth@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Shaz51

@Sans911  We have rain today, so it’s not super cold, just chilly.

I have a fur fur baby sleeping on my feet. She’s been up since 2am, but sound asleep now.🐶🐶

I hope Mr A is behaving. 😻😻

Mr A has been not too bad the last few days @Maggie. He did wake me just after 4am, and was fairly persistent about it, but he's on the end of the bed now quiet and back to sleep (I think. I'm in the dark). It's currently 4 degrees here.

How was the rest of your yesterday @Maggie? Slow day today might be nice after a couple of bigger ones.

Training tomorrow for me. Today will be quiet here too (hopefully). I might get some paint happening I think.

Morning @Sans911. How nice is that feeling of a warm mug in cold hands 😊Same as with @Maggie here - it's been raining so it's not really really cold. We did get a very cool storm overnight which is unusual. It caused a blackout. That always really challenges me big time as I am a night-light sleeper.

@Sans911  I just checked and it says 14 here atm. That’s a warm start here, but only supposed to reach 16. Unusual for this time of year, but it will change soon.

Just after 7 here, and light ish.

I’m glad Mr A is a bit better. At least you might get a little sleep. Though you are still up. 🤔🤔🤔

@CheerBear  I’m glad you have a quiet day today. Painting planned here also.

How are your rocks looking? I was going to prime my home made ricks, but not while it’s raining. 

Top up anyone

I meant to make some stones yesterday but forgot @Maggie, which is a bit annoying. I have one I can sand back and blank one to prime so if I do them soon they might be ready to play with later. I haven't really played much lately so they're not coming along haha. I'm a bit frustrated with the holes I was getting so maybe I'll have to research what to add to help. I think I saw window cleaner?

Have you been playing with your inks lately?

Top up definitely thanks 👍💙

4 sounds very cold for you @Sans911. I didn't realise it gets that cold there!

Window cleaner ??? @CheerBear I’m looking at powder putty, multi purpose. It doesn’t shrink ( apparently). But it’s guess work. The stuff I was reading about was American, but this look similar.

Yes, I played with inks. This play was a bit better than the last, but it’s so flow ey and unpredictable, I don’t do unpredictable well, so it’s tricky. 😁😁😁

Any beaches around your area @CheerBear . A rock hunt with the crew, but not sure about restrictions etc.

Bro told me yesterday, pubs aren’t opening till 25 July. 2 mths away. Because of number restrictions, it’s not worth opening, plus extra cleaning now.

"Surfactant" is the word I was looking for in my last post @Maggie. It's something you can add to break up the bubbles that cause the holes. I watched a video of them mentioning window cleaner as a surfactant but they didn't give an indication of how much/when/how etc. Maybe easier to patch them up and sand though 🤔 Might do a hunt.

Unpredictable would be tricky! It would be like letting go of control which I don't do well with haha. Fun if you can cope though!

There are sand beaches here so not many stones but that would fun. If you/we can find patching hole stuff then all of a sudden natural stone painting becomes really fun! I'm busting to get resin. That's next on my wish list.

25 July is still ages away 🙁 How did bro take that news? I have a feeling it's going to be quite a while until normal really returns. I've been told to expect to be working from home for a while. In a way it would work really well over the school holidays as I wouldn't have to do holiday care for them but the flip side is that whole days at work with kids at home is kind of hard.